Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revamping Spy Into An Exploration Focused Mission.

Lorane_Airwing

So the optional mission survey came in today: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/198748-optional-mission-survey-feedback-results-a-glance/?p=2310421#entry2310421

While rescue is currently the devs focus. Spy missions are a close second in terms of needing a rescue. It also looks as if people still want missions that involve exploration and discovery. So I figured I'd toss a few ideas together and see if any stick.

So I propose a rework of spy missions to be similar to survival or defense. The rules are simple:

A: you are here to collect "data" .

A1: Data can be obtained by stealth killing enemies, higher the level the more data, if heavy more data etc.

A2: hacking terminals, any terminal will do, even when there is no alarms, this makes the intruder mod USEFUL! the amount of data you will gain will slowly go down if you are "detected" while hacking the terminal. Terminals have a 1 "round" cool down.

A3: Breaking containers, Containers can give large amounts of data, but much more rarely than terminals.

B: you will need to collect a certain amount of data to receive your reward, 100 for the first mod, 200, 400, 800, etc. Data is reset to 50 each "round".

B1: Data will slowly go down when the alarms are sounded, if you reach 0 data the mission will fail. This means players will use the newly introduced alarm deactivation mechanic more!

B2: Data will go down twice as fast if a lock down happens.

B3: When you reach the required data, your reward will be shown and stacked with previous rewards, data will reset to 50, and the next "round" will begin, enemies will grow in level.

C: Rewards are tiered based on "round" ,level and faction like defense rewards.

C1: if the mission fails you will lose the rewards.

D: You may leave the mission after your first reward.

D1: As normal everyone needs to reach the extraction point

D2: you may extract regardless of alarm or lock down, and still receive your reward, as long as the data has not reached 0.

Any thoughts on this? Additions, changes? Let me know!