The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Powers 2.0: Added Control To Powers Giving Them Extra Effect

SirAuron

This is only an example of how power combos and control can work and NOT actually a suggestion on what Zephyr should be able to do.

Example:

A Zephyr, the Tenno holds down 1 to grab enemy and trust up high into the air, he then presses 1 again to trust into other enemies while holding enemy creating bigger aoe. Or presses two in midair to slam enemy into ground creating bigger shockwave.

Example 2: Press 4 to send out typhoons, press 4 again to use additional energy to send out two more then hold down 4 to use even more energy to combine all the typhoons to create a giant typhoon that has greater suction than vortex.

If Turbulence is activated, you can press 1 to thrust into the air which should gather up some air or you can jump and then hold down 4(using more energy than before) to draw in all typhoons to create a humanoid typhoon which means you are the typhoon and able to move around sucking in nearby enemies.

Example 3: Activate Turbulence and then hold down 3 to suck in all bullets and toss them towards enemies using up additional energy in the process or perhaps continue to drain energy.

Example 4: Hold down 2 to charge attack and then release it to slam ground to create bigger shockwave or press 1 during the attack to change trajectory to hit anywhere you want(Bigger shockwave if you charged attack).

Example 4: Hold down 1 to grab enemies as you thrust into them and then toss them after skill ends into wall or other enemies or press 2 , during the attack to slam them into ground for additional damage. This is only when thrusting forward.

Example 5: Press 2 to slam into ground, press 2 at right time to bounce back up and 2 again to slam into ground using less energy doing it this way.

Example 6: Activate Tornado and tapp 4 to push a tornado towards an enemy using up energy or no energy with each tap.

Example 7: As Valkyr, you activate Hysteria and as kill, you collect blood energy and once you collect enough, you then hold down 4 to unleash a massive vertical blood energy beam from beneath the ground. This would cancel out Hysteria and use a additional energy.

Notice how more energy is always drained when using these, it's never 100 energy for everything or 25 energy alone, it's always additional energy used to do these attacks.

Being able to hold down a power key or tap it or use timed button pressing would open up new abilities and control over powers without the need to swap power mods with new ones.

Additionally, there can also be power focus mods to alter the effect of powers allowing more control, this can be done with power mods get there own section of 4 power slots and 4 power utility slots for changing effects(Style) of powers and not really for adding DPS.

Edited by SirAuron

I like/love the idea of repeat presses of that power creating a secondary effect (1,1,1)

...but I don't like presses of a different power key after the first power, causing a different effect (1,4)

that removes functionality, and is very confusing.

I like/love the idea of repeat presses of that power creating a secondary effect (1,1,1)

...but I don't like presses of a different power key after the first power, causing a different effect (1,4)

that removes functionality, and is very confusing.

It only happens during the attack and is optional.

Edited by SirAuron

I like the main idea... Needs a little cleaning meaning that you need a way to stop the powers.

If I understand correctly the powers would have a different effect if used while another power is in effect. I like this idea.

This thing is already implemented on Tail Wind (It's not actually a skill used while another skill is in effect but is close)