Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Leader Characters - Fan Group Concept

GratuitousLurking

I know it's been pointed out that the current leaders are placeholders, but this is designed as ideas for two things - standard enemy Leaders, as well as targets for Assasination Alerts. Simply put, this is designed for a group of low-tier commanders, leaders and soldiers for us Tenno to have as unique cannon fodder while also having some character to them.

Format for this post area -

Name: Name for your special character. Obviously.

Faction: It's the Grineer! No, it's the Corpus, definitely the Corpus. Maybe the Infested? Or are you a victim of the NeuralSentry? I'd suggest holding off putting them under a non-canon faction though, so no Space Pirates, Conflagration, or so on, as well as try to avoid placing more Hunter archtypes, as we already have one and only one Stalker.

Armaments: Don't go too hog-wild here! These characters should not be designed to take the latest and greatest super-weapons of thier faction! Instead, a good rule of thumb is either a Longgun or Sidearm already in the game, and then usually some form of melee weapon. Other ideas could include some weapon variation, if your character is more of a organization (see the 'Dragoons' example below).

Abilities: These can be Tenno powers, AI special powers, or even ideas for unique effects. Perhaps they can deploy traps or autocannons? Maybe spawn lingering damaging clouds of toxin? Or perhaps they just got a innate bonus effect to their weaponry?

Background: Explain who your character is, and what they do as part of the chosen faction. Perhaps they have some character quirks that will show up in the character's dialog when facing the Tenno or other factions, or have done some famous or infamous things in the past?

And here's a few ideas, to try and give some ideas going!

Name: Cpl. Kiva Surgat

Faction: Grineer

Armaments:

Long Gun - Gorgon

Sidearm - Kraken

Melee - Furax

Abilities:

Neural Seeker - Deploys a electrically-charged Seeker that will latch onto any Tenno it can catch. This will slow and slowly electrocute the captured Tenno until they either dislodge it or the device runs out of power.

Melee Slam - Slams the ground, knocking away enemies gathered around the user.

Melee Combo - Attempts a melee combo against enemies nearby, instead of the usual ranged combat.

Enhanced Tactics - Greatly increased defense and mild health regen of nearby Grineer.

Background: Corporal Kiva Surgat is a mid-rank Grineer commander, and is often serving away missions under the command of General Sargus Ruk. Kiva has had several successful missions in the past, though as of recently has had a few embarrassing defeats at the hands of a specific cell of Tenno and interference by the Corpus. Jaded and annoyed most the time, this Grineer commander seems to have a surprising amount of empathy for her troops on her command, often barking at them to avoid suicidal tactics and to ensure security of specific areas.

Name: Grineer Dragoon

Faction: Grineer

Armaments:

Long Guns - Soma, Gorgon, Karak, Hek, Grinlok

Sidearms -  Twin Gremlins, Maerlok, Brakk

Melees - Amphis, Jat Kittag

Abilities:

Moralize - Increases damage and status chance of nearby Grineer

Melee Slam - Slams the ground, knocking away enemies gathered around the user.

Forward Smash (Jat Kittag variant) - Using the rocket hammer's power, a impact strike to the ground is done, creating a forward-firing shockwave of damage that can knock foes off their feet.

Heightened Level Scale - These units are scaled 5 levels higher then average units of the area.

Background: Recognizable by the red armor plates they wear and the fierce symbol of a dragon on their armor, these elite Grineer soldiers are (most of the time) serving as the elite guards of the Twin Queens themselves. When they are sent to assignment in the solar rails, the reasoning is often important, and the sheer force of power and discipline that they serve under is a sight to behold, inspiring others of the Grineer to fight even harder in their presence. Thanks to their purity of gene stock, these soldiers are often stationed with the likes of Tyl Regor, Vey Hek, or Sargus Ruk in short quantities.

So, I open the floodgates. Who wishes to step in and add to this list?

Well I got some similar stuff at my post https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/195291-mega-suggestion-new-faction-meznites-rouge-tenno-event-incorporated-feedback-wanted-update-lore-stats-soon/. I have not got to targets or assassins yet though I am working my way there.

Request people to not post new factions, first post is someone posting a new faction link...

...Sigh.