The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Helmet Suggestion

RejectionOfFate

As opposed to the current plan stated in DEV Stream 25, 'No stats on any future helmets', why not remove all of the stats from the helmets, but give each helmet a mod slot? The mods that would go into the slots would be new, and essentially the old helmet effects, but we would be able to choose which ones that we have.

For example, the Vanguard effect for Avalon, or the Essence effect for Meridian.

The mods themselves could either be Void or Corrupted mods, available through the Derelicts or Void respectively, and would not need crazy amounts of work to be made:

-Name the mods themselves after the helmets their original effects came from.

-Have the mod image be said original helmets.

-Do not give the mods Ranking. Keep the effects at one level, similar to Coolant Leak.

Just a thought, so that way the newer players wouldn't be hosed when they can't get Stat helmets.

For the older players, let them have the Helmet Mods in their inventory already If they already have the stat helmet, so that way you can avoid the rage of 'I bought dis, now I has to fight RNG for my stats agin?!' etc, etc.

Edited by HiddenKharma

would they be available to be used on all frames as Vanguards effects would be the solution to volts current problem

Yep.

Greater customization. No more complaints about 'This frame gets this bonus, we get crappy shield boosts'

Helmet mods would be like Aura Mods, only for the Helmet Slot, completely interchangeable.

More mods mean more flooding of the drop table. Maybe if you got the mod when you crafted the helmet and no where else it wouldn't be a problem.

I  still would let DE do away with helmet stats cause the major part of the argument is that people won't be allowed to use vanguard helmet.

Great idea! I really want a super-fast Loki or a reduction to Valkir's shields formy rage. Also, Volt will be as fast as Loki!!!

More mods mean more flooding of the drop table. Maybe if you got the mod when you crafted the helmet and no where else it wouldn't be a problem.

I  still would let DE do away with helmet stats cause the major part of the argument is that people won't be allowed to use vanguard helmet.

Well, there's a topic that suggests to move the 80 abilities from the drop tables to the market. That would help a lot! Edited by Petersheikah

I can understand that.

That being said think of the possibilities of this.

Vanguard Frost.

Personally, I would just prefer to use the Vanguard effect on all of my frames. Not breaking to gameplay, I just prefer being able to move quickly.

Well, there's a topic that suggests to move the 80 abilities from the drop tables to the market. That would help a lot!

Yeah I saw that but just cause we remove those doesn't mean we should add these. It would be fair everyone if they got the mod if they crafted the helmet.

I can understand that.

That being said think of the possibilities of this.

Vanguard Frost.

Personally, I would just prefer to use the Vanguard effect on all of my frames. Not breaking to gameplay, I just prefer being able to move quickly.

I'm not saying keep the mod just for that particular helmet but only get the mod if you have crafted that helmet. example: craft vangard helmet recieve mod from craft, give mod to frost, win.

Edited by Postal_pat

I like this idea, it offers those who want their appearance to suit them to have it work as so, and those who want helmet stats to matter to have them matter.

Now, would those who already have the stat-helmets receive those mods upon the change? 

Otherwise, I feel an uproar encroaching. 

And as MortalSin mentioned...the logical route seems to be ignored for the most part by DE. This solution has been mentioned at least three times before...once even before the introduction of statsless helmets., without a single response from a DE representative. I even managed to get a Question through in a QnA livestream about it...and I got a sideways answer that not only didnt truly answer the question, nor attempt to do so.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

I like this idea, it offers those who want their appearance to suit them to have it work as so, and those who want helmet stats to matter to have them matter.

Now, would those who already have the stat-helmets receive those mods upon the change? 

Otherwise, I feel an uproar encroaching. 

And as MortalSin mentioned...the logical route seems to be ignored for the most part by DE. This solution has been mentioned at least three times before...once even before the introduction of statsless helmets., without a single response from a DE representative. I even managed to get a Question through in a QnA livestream about it...and I got a sideways answer that not only didnt truly answer the question, nor attempt to do so.

As stated in the original post, yes. That way, players who already have the stat helmets don't feel like they are getting ripped off by having to find their helmet mods once again.

Thank you for the post.