The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt And My Rants...

SIDESTRE4M

So, maybe someone remembers my old Volt thread "Differences about Volt" which somehow is not anymore...

So here I go again with a rant.

Back then, people just disliked him, labeling him beeing useless, havin no synergy and so on... and I was one of those guys who liked his set of skills, rather giving him a toolbox instead of a way utilizing all abilities in one go.

However, the times where his huge shields could save his butt are over. He and his measingly armor of 15 makes him very fragile and and he bleeds like waterfall.

The second thing I noticed: Even with Intensify and Blind rage the damage is not something to write home about. Except corpus,... where you can as well play any other frame.

Utility is nice... but since he needs strength, duration, range for most of his skills, it makes it hard to find a balanced competetive build.

In times where Nova can cast her ult for 25 energy without hefty drawbacks for her other abilites, it is just not sustainable anymore.

DE already banned Volt and Banshee to clantech. It's literally like an exile. Maybe they can live together happily and have some children or so...

Even the last redeeming factor: The combination of Volt and Synapse is just crap anymore, because it's often so bugged, that you get still high damage numbers... but only after a second of shooting at someone...

Well... My Volt has 5 stars, but I moved on, hoping that sometime in the future we can become the dreamteam again we once have been.

What could help him maybe would be the ability for elemental warframes to make combinations... imagine Overload with radiation damage or corrosive...

I still play Volt occasionally, but I'm often steamrolled by anything but the corpus.

Anyways, when did Volt become Corpus only and Ember become Infested only?

Speaking of which, I'm tempted to rant about Ember being totally underpowered, but that's for another time (read: CBA)

My volt is still a beast I only gave him a ~ slot for energy siphon and a reactor... Shield maxed vitality maxed with intensify, retribution, flow and streamline...the chained attacks work well for me... That shield is useable...but I come from the old school where I don't think any of the frames are really bad...they just may not all fit my style now like ember or excalibur prime for instance once overheat and heavy impact high damage was removed... (SUCH A BAD MOVE)

I love how you compaired Volt to Nova. Nova being the complete nuke glass cannon frame (and isn't supposed to be surpassed by a frame like Volt).

Also, I also love how people say they are being destroyed by anything except corpus, when electricity only does extra against ROBOTS, NOT CREWMEN. Have you tried Volt against the infested? He's amazing with the Chain Lightning Shock. You just need some damage and efficiency (maybe add a little range if you feel up to it), and he's totally fine.

If you die all the time with him, it does not mean that the frame is bad, it means YOU can't play as that frame. Simple as.

Banned to Dojo? 

How is he banned?

If you have a big clan you don't have to farm his parts, making him easily obtainable

And why compare volt's damage to Nova?

Nova is a glass cannon, volt is an elemental damage frame.

I agree he needs work but he is far from useless considering shock is a spammable chain stun witch is also OP for corpus. He is also has WAY more survivability than nova.

Edited by Fo0otsteps

I love how you compaired Volt to Nova. Nova being the complete nuke glass cannon frame (and isn't supposed to be surpassed by a frame like Volt).

the problem with your statement  is that volt and about half of the frames for that matter are also made of glass without the fire power.

i actually find "Volt" very useful on the void, since his electric shield completely blocks bullets place yourself in a door and get a decent gun, if anything i wonder why he has 2 utility skills while most frames only have one.

P.D.: i think the nova last skill should at least have its slow effect removed

Also, I also love how people say they are being destroyed by anything except corpus, when electricity only does extra against ROBOTS, NOT CREWMEN. Have you tried Volt against the infested? He's amazing with the Chain Lightning Shock. You just need some damage and efficiency (maybe add a little range if you feel up to it), and he's totally fine.

If you die all the time with him, it does not mean that the frame is bad, it means YOU can't play as that frame. Simple as.

Well, it's not like his shields make any difference. Please stop making accusations. I never said, I die with him all the time. I never said, I can't play with him either.

Like I said, I forma'd him five times. Normally you'd think, I wouldn't do this without seeing any benefit in my playstyle... or am I wrong? Maybe the plural was not intended for me... I don't know.

I have tried Volt against everything I have played everthing with him. Why the hell should I try him against infested? Because of the stun? Are you serious? I mean, I can force him into everything and against every faction, but I chose the right tool for the job. Except Nova. I hate Nova.

Banned to Dojo? 

How is he banned?

If you have a big clan you don't have to farm his parts, making him easily obtainable

And why compare volt's damage to Nova?

Nova is a glass cannon, volt is an elemental damage frame.

I agree he needs work but he is far from useless considering shock is a spammable chain stun witch is also OP for corpus. He is also has WAY more survivability than nova.

He is not BANNED! I know I said he is banned, but I didn't mean it exactly by the word. It was just... ah whatever...

Nova was just an example. See it like this: Pack Fleeting Expertise on Nova... except maybe her first skill, nothing happens to her other skills because of the duration debuff.

If you do that on Volt, let's see...

Electric Shield, Speed and Overload get a debuff. No problem... Let's add Narrow Minded. Duration fixed. Wait... now range is maybe suboptimal, making Overload more or less very ineffective.

You could argue, "But you don't need Fleeting Expertise!"

Probably not... but why should I cast a Shock instead of MPrime for the same cost?

So to sum it up: It sucks.

Don't get it wrong. I have a Nova, but I don't play her. Same with Rhino.

I've been a Volt player for a long time. I believe, he is still marked as my most played frame in my statistics.

So please don't jump to conclusions.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M