Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0 Modding Combos/move Suggestions?

Magnagar

Hey guys, hopefully this is in the right thread and sorry if this has been repeated before. BUTT!

Everyone is waiting for Melee 2.0 and watching the last live stream about it was awesome. Take as long as possible DE! Can't wait to see it finished. I do have a few concerns tho..... As melee 2.0 is going to be a significant change to gameplay there are some eh, things that I questioned myself why.

It might sound stupid but my questions are::

-Why ol why are the new melee combos/moves being used in or replaced of mods? Why make it that much more agonizing then it already is?

Having it so we have to choose what move to use on a particular weapon while sacrificing elemental and other mods. I mean using ideas like Ninja Gaiden and devil may cry have varies ways of using the weapon as combos. Especially when the weapon is fully upgraded, you are able to use all the moves and combos. Which leads me to a suggestion.

-Why not have it where once you've ranked your weapon to 30, all the weapon combos and moves will be unlocked?

Rather then creating separate mods just to single them out. That way everyone can still have their slots for their mods and the agonizing part would be somewhat to a minimum. It would also make the weapon that much more dynamic. If I want all the weapon combos and moves?? I'd have to sacrifice damage and element mods so I can swing my sword this way or throw it that way?

Let me know what you guys think

Edited by Magnagar88

The combos are unlocked by ranking up ONE mod that will be on the side, because all melee weapons will be give ONE ADDITIONAL SLOT. This extra slot determines the stance (like how the Aura mod determines the team buff on your warframe), depending what mod you install. ALL of the other slots will be free to use (as normal) for all your regular mods.

Confusing but brilliant.

:D

Edited by DeceptionBlade

I believe the combo mods will have their own slots like auras do. Would be nice to be able to equip several stances, but it's too early to tell how it's going to work. Going to wait for it to come out before judging it :P

I think you may have slightly missunderstood. You also combined old thrown out mechanics with the new iteration.

-There will be no sacrifice because the "stance mods" will gain a new slot. They work like auras.

-There will only be two stances per weapon type (three if no Stance counts as one?). They grant a different pool of combos.

---Example: the longsword has a stance that focuses on light fast slash attacks and one that is slow and peircing.

-They explained why they are doing it this way already. There aren't enough buttons available to go that deep. You can't have every move active at once because the combos would overlap.