The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creating More Customized Warframes... And Other Things

unmog

I think it would be nice when we create a new warframe, sentinel, weapon and so on... that if the item in question comes with polarity slots... let us pick which ones we want. :/ I mean, we are gathering all the materials to make it from scratch for ourselves after all, and we are creating all the parts, and finding the skematics and stuff for them. So why can't we decide if we want a defense polarity slot or an attack polarity slot? Why cant we decide which aura slot we might prefer? It would seem only logical that we should already have the ability to make such small customizations to our gear. It wouldn't break anything either, since we can already add or change polarities with forma.

Everybody would just go with DV and -- on Aura...

It's fine as it is now. Besides - you have Forma, so that's no big deal. And IMHO the polarities always match the role of the frame. Tanks got D's, Casters got V's and --'s, etc.

Then let them? I dont see the issue here. Like I said, its about customization, and I dont like how everything starts out exactly the same that we make ourselves from scratch. So no, for me it isnt fine as it is. Forma is nice, but would be nicer if it actually gave you mastery experience for re-leveling it. Since that apparently aint going to happen, they shouldn't force their polarity choices onto people. Everyone is going to have different builds and appreciate different aspects to different warframes.

And as I said, it would break nothing, only allow a little more customization and avoid some needless grinding to change those polarities yourself if you wanted to.

DE is actually about to give us the lore behind polarities, so I'd say it could be lorebreaking. Could be, however, since we know nothing about it yet.

I don't like this idea, though. One less reason to wonder which frame to build. Instead of "Oooh, I want Ember... But damn, she has two Bars, I need to come up with some cool build for her" it'll be like "Ember got two Bars? Pfff, whatevs, I'll juust slap D and V on her..."

Customization is nice, but only if we're talking about appearance, not about core mechanics.

So what you're saying is none of us should have any choice at all about which polarity slots we prefer... and we should all use the same polarity slots that someone else chooses for us... because if we DID HAVE the ability to choose... we would all throw away our choice anyway and do the same thing as everyone else? So how is that any different or worse than what we have now?

Really? That's your argument? Even if it were true, which it isn't, then people would still have the ability to make that decision for themselves if they wanted to be like everyone else or try something different. And even if that's how you honestly feel, YOU would still have the option to play an Ember with two bars if you wanted to. I fail to see your logic at all...

Edited by unmog

So what you're saying is none of us should have any choice at all about which polarity slots we prefer... and we should all use the same polarity slots that someone else chooses for us... because if we DID HAVE the ability to choose... we would all throw away our choice anyway and do the same thing as everyone else? So how is that any different or worse than what we have now?

Really? That's your argument? Even if it were true, which it isn't, then people would still have the ability to make that decision for themselves if they wanted to be like everyone else or try something different. And even if that's how you honestly feel, YOU would still have the option to play an Ember with two bars if you wanted to. I fail to see your logic at all...

That customization comes with the use of Formas. You're basically suggesting something that will make Forma's obsolete and just another building material.

I'll give you a way to think of it.

Each blueprint we get of a Warframe and Weapon is static. WE ourselves do no write these blueprints we find them and than follow them to build the said item. It's a generic blueprint, making everything the same.

EDIT: Everyone in the game Dark Souls starts off the same, the same thing in World of Warcraft than it's up to you to make your character unique. So Why should this game be different than those? It's a general foundation that we start of on, than begin to make it our own.

I don't even understand why you're even suggesting this due to the High drop rate of Forma Blueprints dropped constantly to be honest.

Edited by Phobose

At its core, you are saying "I want to be able to place the mods I want on my frame without additional effort".

Lets take your idea one step farther and allow us to choose polarities for ALL slots when we craft our frame and weapons. Why not, it's the same goal, placing the mods you'd like without additional effort.

And hey, my serration is only rank 6, I'd like it maxed. Why should that take effort, obviously we all want it maxed.

But now, my max rank serration doesnt fit on my frame, even in the V polarity because I didn't rank the frame up - maybe I should also have a full 60 mod points without additional effort of ranking.

There is no difference between "setting your own polarities" and "setting all polarities" and "not having to rank up".

These are all just steps in optimizing your gear, which is pretty much the entire goal of the game. If you remove the steps, there is no game.