Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin?

Legaldas

No. I think the Ancients are a plant-like alien species. Not sure where the wiki got it from, but they aren't the Orokin.

I've always believed the Ancients are just what it says on the tin: ancient infested that have had longer for the Technocyte to twist their bodies away from their original forms. So... it could work either way (and if the wiki can't cite a source, it can't be trusted).

Orokin originated on Earth. They are human. Rebecca let it slip that she was an AI. I'd trust that, since she voices the Lotus. It's clear that the Lotus is of Orokin origin, and not Corpus or Sentient, just like it is known that the Tenno were originally of the Orokin Empire, given that the Tenno symbol is all over the Orokin Tower in the Void, and that the Codex says so. Leaked datamined text from the game pre-U9 has text from the Lotus that is supposed to be an order to the Tenno to sleep, so that also substantiates that. It is possible that the Sentients were aliens. That's the only possible group of aliens in the game, besides the Ancients which are also alien.

The pre u9 stuff may be obsolete but that's better evidence than opposing theories. Do you have a record of where Rebecca let that slip, seeing is believing and all.

Same goes for the orokin originating on earth. I've seen players assert that but have never read, seen, or heard anything official. If you can point me to it you would be the first and I'd be greatful. It would be nice to get more than baseless claims on this one, but as that's all you provided I'd imagine it's all you have.

I disagree highly that those are the only possible alien groups. I also think the ancient infested were aliens and were Orokin. Their appearant difference and orokin styled decorations are what lead me to believe this.

However all of this will change when you link me to that stuff about the Orokin originating on earth.

Or not when you don't.

Edited by NevanChambers