Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cant Change Region

(PSN)edylife009

I've been put into the European region chat which is second biggest annoyance for me that came with this new patch. For all these months I was in the US region. I made a few friends on the chat, we had some good discussions sometimes, but now all I see is unfamiliar names. I've already submitted a ticket, I hope DE can do something about this...

As much as it pains me to say it - welcome to my nightmare boys. :/

About a month ago, I accidentally got moved (after 2+ months in the US/NA region) to the desperately empty EU region. To quote the latest from support:

"With the latest patch, we changed the sorting process that determines in which chat region a player is being put. It is based on your IP and therefore on your physical location. Unfortunately there is currently no way to change this and put your account into the US chat.

The latest change provided the option to automatically switch chat regions when the system is physically moved to another country but it will unfortunately not solve your issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience but at the moment there is nothing we can do for you and I cannot guarantee that this will become solvable in the near future."

Just for "orientation" purposes: you can expect to hardly find squads for anything, very very few will have a mic, and even fewer will use one, you can forget about conclaves (my favorite thing..) as they're always empty, the trade chat has tumbleweeds rolling in every direction, and aside of Kickbot's addition (which made the Region chat more than "123" "444" "Hey can someone help?" "123" "444" "666") there's very little I can share that will lift your spirits. 

I tend to support the developers of a game for doing what they, as creators, feel is right. However in this case, for me personally, it has been the most demotivating change in the game. I've made it a month (was supposed to be fixed for me, purely US account after all), but now without any light at the end of the tunnel.. :/ Good luck is all I can say. 
Edited by (PS4)Shorty_sx

I started in the SA region but I was connected to US region due to me buying my PS4 in America and start playing it there then after this update, boom nobody. After asking around in the chat room I found out that I was moved to the (UAE) United Arab Emigrate region, what the f~~~. How did this happen.

As much as it pains me to say it - welcome to my nightmare boys. :/

About a month ago, I accidentally got moved (after 2+ months in the US/NA region) to the desperately empty EU region. To quote the latest from support:

"With the latest patch, we changed the sorting process that determines in which chat region a player is being put. It is based on your IP and therefore on your physical location. Unfortunately there is currently no way to change this and put your account into the US chat.

The latest change provided the option to automatically switch chat regions when the system is physically moved to another country but it will unfortunately not solve your issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience but at the moment there is nothing we can do for you and I cannot guarantee that this will become solvable in the near future."

Just for "orientation" purposes: you can expect to hardly find squads for anything, very very few will have a mic, and even fewer will use one, you can forget about conclaves (my favorite thing..) as they're always empty, the trade chat has tumbleweeds rolling in every direction, and aside of Kickbot's addition (which made the Region chat more than "123" "444" "Hey can someone help?" "123" "444" "666") there's very little I can share that will lift your spirits. 

I tend to support the developers of a game for doing what they, as creators, feel is right. However in this case, for me personally, it has been the most demotivating change in the game. I've made it a month (was supposed to be fixed for me, purely US account after all), but now without any light at the end of the tunnel.. :/ Good luck is all I can say. 

Wow, so they will not solve a problem that mostly prevents you from playing the game with other people?

It's funny: they act like they CAN'T fix it, but they can.

Anyone who tells me they cannot, whether it's a member of this forum, or one of the developers themselves, is full of S#&$.

Demand your money back and complain to Sony to have this horribly broken game removed from PSN. I regret every cent I spent on this game. If only I knew then what I know now.

Anywhere else in the world people will get fired for shoddy work but it seems over at DE its all in a day's work.

What was the actual logic behind this btw? No really I want to know. Because you ARE aware this idiotic at best move denies many trading and team play turning this wannabe MMO into merely another mediocre single player yawn fest right?

Edited by (PS4)Rayne_C_ZA