Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Show Us The Loot

Fadeway

Although I haven't noticed this, I'll take your word for it. I've seen players run past loot without looking in its general direction though - for example a melee rusher who kills everything with a few charged attacks or a frame ability (for example, Excalibur's [1]), and goes right on without noticing the drop (exacerbated because those players tend to leave one or two mobs behind to be killed by teammates, not even seeing the mob die, much less drop stuff). Most of those players have developed a habit of running back and checking, and I've seen a different player mark the overlooked piece for the meleer at least once, but is this really necessary? What does picking up dropped modules bring to the gameplay so that having all dropped loot automatically awarded to us no matter if we physically touched it would be undesirable?

Edited by Fadeway

That's the point of the suggestion; searching for module drops does not add to the gameplay, even if there is workaround that shortens the process. They're supposed to be rewards - having the risk of missing one is silly. Searching for ammo or hidden rewards is one thing, but looking back to see if you missed the very thing you're doing the mission for is just bothersome. It's a quality of life thing.

Plus, if it were impossible to miss them, people wouldn't be using waypoint markers to highlight them to their teammates, would they? Personally, on half of the drops I celebrate for getting a drop, and on the other half I congratulate myself for having seen them in the first place.

The tip to use a wall to scan sounds great, I'll try it as soon as I do a mission.

Edited by Fadeway