Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Event]Enter Night's Domain

AngryMoron

Tenno,

The war between the Grineer and Corpus has come to a head.  Both factions have tried to corrupt the Tenno's role in Sol by using those of you who have not woken yet.  Now I have found incredible readings coming from the Orokin ships that have fallen to dereliction.  Something impossible is coming.

RUN.

The Run-up:

In the weeks before the event, during Orokin Derelict and Void missions, each player gets a flickering screen, similar to that of the Hunter sub-bosses (Stalker, Harvester and Grustag Three).  Each time the screen flickers, a voiceover comes:

First time: ?????? - The time is coming.  Flee, Tenno, for your murderous reign of terror is over!

Second Time:  ?????? - I see your end in this rotting corpse of the past.

Thirf time:  ?????? - Tell Lotus that Night is coming for her.

Something appears for a few seconds, is invulnerable, then disappears.  It looks like a Corrupted version of the Grineer Bombard.

The Event:

The event begins with ten 12-hour alerts, one after the other, using the Invasion tileset.  Each one leads to an item called a Shadow Key Blueprint.

SHADOW KEY BP (1 hour craft time - Tradable)

Materials

1 Orokin Key

1 Fieldron Sample

1 Mutagen Sample

1 Detonite Ampoule

1 Orokin Cell

15,000 credits

The Shadow key leads to a darkened Orokin Void tileset, with much darker than normal Corrupted enemies.  This mission is an Assassination mission for a Level 60 elite unit, named Day.

Day's statistics

Cloned Flesh 1000

Ferrite Armor 1000

Shield 400

Stamina 40

Power 150

Day's Abilities:

Sunstalk - 4 second duration.  Night turns invisible and all Tenno are silenced.  An attack out of this deals an additional 100 Blast damage, and knocks the targeted Tenno down for 1.5 seconds.

Solar Flare - 2-second Blind effect.

Flicker Wisp - Day teleports behind the targeted Tenno.  Any unit (ally or enemy) in between Day and the target are instantly de-shielded, and take an additional 50 damage.  However, if the target is invulnerable (through Rhino's Iron Skin or Trinity's Blessing skills) the target takes 1500 damage combined with Blast/Corrosive/Viral status effects..

Daybreak (150 power required) - Day stands still for five seconds, surrounded by an increasingly glowing aura. After this period, the mission is failed, and each Tenno loses a Shadow Key.

Day's emotes

shortly after starting - Ah, Tenno, come to see your end, have you?

Partway through the mission - Well, then, what failures have you sent to their ends?

Partway through the mission - Did you see what I did, Tenno?  I'll make you disappear!

Upon Engaging - Sol has decided that you will no longer live, Tenno.

During Battle - Twitchy, twitchy!  Are you fast enough, miserable Tenno?

During Battle - Ha!  It will take more than your pitiful weapons to take me down.

Casting Daybreak - ENOUGH!  THIS ENDS NOW!

Completing Daybreak - You have fallen before the bright Day.

Upon Defeat - *bow* Well, then Tenno, you have earned your demise elsewhere.  Enter the twilight, if you are wishing for death.

If you defeat Day, you will receive:

1 random Orokin item blueprint (Catalyst, Reactor, Forma)

1 random Nightmare or Corrupted mod

1 Twilight Key

2 random Orokin Void reward items

100,000-150,000 credits

Upon defeating Day, you will receive a mail titled 'Night is coming'

I see you have the key to your own doom.  Come to me, if your Lotus will not.  We will see who is master of this place.

Using the Twilight Key will take you to an Orokin Derelict tileset, with the Orokin Void appearance.

Lotus - This is incredible, that such a thing could exist without anyone knowing.  Night is beyond dangerous.  You must take him down, and take him down HARD.

Lotus - He was designed towards the end of the Orokin era.  In the shadow of the final Tenno's release into the solar system, he was the lord of all.  The final Lord.

Lotus - You must destroy him.  He has been Infested and corrupted beyond all reasoning.

Night's statistics

Shield 1000

Proto-shield 750

Sinew 500

Flesh 600

Armor 50

Power 300

Speed 1.5

Damage 75

Attack speed 0.3s

Night has the abilities of all Tenno in the party, and has the combined equivalent of Energy Siphon, Rejuvenation and Steel Charge aura mods at max rank.  He is considered a level 100 Elite boss-type.

Furystoke - upon taking his first health damage to flesh, he will increase his attack speed to 0.2s and randomly teleport.  His strikes have a 100% Status and critical rate for 5 seconds.  In addition, for each one of his defenses removed, he throws a ranged sidearm weapon every second, increasing by 0.1s for each protection removed.  Each projectile deals 25 Impact damage and has a chance to stun a Tenno for 1 second..

Night's emotes:

Upon engaging - I am your lord and master! Come, Tenno and taste my blade!

Upon downing a Tenno - I warned you, and you came!  She hungers for more!

Upon a Tenno dying - This is it!  The end for you, {PLAYER NAME}!

During combat - It is four-on-one!  Why are you still struggling?

Upon defeat - So, I am to die.  This is good for me, Tenno.  Lead on, my fallen brethren!

Upon defeating Night, Tenno will recieve four unique mods upon completion of the mission:

Furystoke - Warframe Unique (3 levels 6 drain V-polarity) - +25% weapon speed, +25% movement speed.

Night's Requiem - Sentinel Unique (3 levels 6-drain Precept) - Whilst the Warframe is standing still, the Sentinel gains +10m range and 100% multishot.

Dawn's Aria - Warframe Unique (4 levels 3 drain D-polarity AURA) - 0.2 power regen, 0.25 health regen as long as the Warframe is moving..

Blistering Fury - Melee Unique (10 levels, 5 drain V-polarity) - +20% attack speed, +15% range.

In addition, Players who defeat Night obtain the Night's Banner badge, the Oroshrike melee weapon (whip), 200,000-250,000 credits and one or more of the following:

Legendary Fusion Core (1/1500 chance)

A random Corrupted Weapon blueprint (Tradeable - not usable on Prime weapons) (1/3 chance)

2 random Nightmare or Corrupted mods (1/2 chance)

Random weapon item from Stalker, Detron or Brakk (1/2 chance)

20-50 platinum (1/1000 chance)

(aside - it will be possible to obtain ALL of the above in a single run)

Anyone who participates in the Event will obtain, upon the event's end, a Dawn emblem and badge, and a weapon blueprint, which will then be available on the market for those who didn't participate for 100,000 credits.  In addition, if enough people defeated Night, there will be a Night statue available for clans, and a Dark skin for each Warframe, complete with a new set of emotes.

Tenno,

You have succeeded in cleansing the solar system of a terrible threat.  Though it saddens me for the loss of such a Tenno, it is time to move on to preserving the balance between the Grineer and the Corpus.

This event seems pretty cool, although the rewards for killing Night seem a bit over the top. Mainly the platinum rewards and legendary cores.

The thing is, this is intended as a multi-stage, incredibly difficult event aimed at endgame players.  The numbers can be tweaked, but I fell that those rewards on an incredibly rare scale on a rare boss (remember that you have to defeat Day first), so, in thios instance, although I can understand where you're coming from with regards to those two rewards, I think that they're justified as being an incredibly rare drop, and maybe someone will get the God Mission, where they get all the rewards, and I will die happy.