The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Problem Unrelated To Game Settings?

raraRiley

Alright so back when I started playing Warframe a year ago, I used to have a solid 75ish fps on Max settings but over the year, my FPS have gone down and down with every update.

Currently I have around 45fps when playing solo, standing in a room, all by myself & with no enemies around.

As soon as the action starts my fps drop and bum around between 8fps and 24fps (basically unplayable).

This happens reguardless of wether i am playing solo, hosting a game or joining an online game.

I have also tried various setting combination from Highest resolution, everything turned on and all settings on Hight

all the way to minimum resolution (800x600), everything turned off and all settings on Low.

It makes absolutly NO differents what settings I use (so I might aswell turn everything on max so at least the few Frames that I do see look pretty right? :D)

I have tried playing the Game through Steam, the stand alone launcher and tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the Game but nothing Helps.

I got a pretty good internet speed (64 mBit) and my PC is othe nly one on the network.

My friend for example has a much slower connection, less RAM, crap CPU and graphics card and is playing with solid 70 fps with everything turned on and all settings on High no matter how much is going on on the screen.

Does anyone have any Ideas of what else I could try? Or am I just an unlucky guy who has to wait for DE to do some kind of Magic that fixes my problem in Update 3004905?

Edited by ECSTessi

Yeah, this isn't new to all, honestly with each update the game performance became worse, they did mentioned that they'll be fixing such things... but when? Pfff I've heard sometime this week, then on the next release, when more optimization comes... to be honest the game IS playable, but when we can play games like battlefield 4 at ultra high settings and over 70fps... playing warframe below that sounds just ridiculous.

Btw I think one of the most performance-wise stable updates was around 11.

I have also tried various setting combination from Highest resolution, everything turned on and all settings on Hight

all the way to minimum resolution (800x600), everything turned off and all settings on Low.

It makes absolutly NO differents what settings I use (so I might aswell turn everything on max so at least the few Frames that I do see look pretty right? :D)

Doesn't make sense to me how this can be, but it's true.