Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shift + Space Not Registering On Specific Keyboards?

Jimmmeh

I have an illuminated logitech keyboard. The game isn't registering when i push both "Shift" and "Space" in unison. (Effectively crippling my ability to Wall Jump etc.)

When i rebind my sprint/dodge key to something other than Shift I am able to getthe keys to register. (For example, Alt + Space works)

This is troubling, for Shift is a common key used for sprinting in many other games, and is the most logical key to use in Warframe as well.

Is there a work around, is this a known problem? has anyone else experienced this?

Thoughts? Solutions?

Yup, I have this problem with my logitech keyboard.

Although, it's actually only a problem with Shift+W+Space (3 key combinations, not 2).

I ended up binding sprint to my mouse5 key as well to work around it. I believe it's still an issue though.

Yup, I have this problem with my logitech keyboard.

Although, it's actually only a problem with Shift+W+Space (3 key combinations, not 2).

I ended up binding sprint to my mouse5 key as well to work around it. I believe it's still an issue though.

Yes I've ended up having to bind it to a mouse button as well. As crappy as this may sound, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue.

And yes, the 3 key combination makes sense now that I think about it. It's easy to overlook W, A, S, and D since it's such a "natural" input for KB+M gamers.

After digging around a bit it seems like the Logitech Illuminated keyboard is the culprit. Holding Shift +w+Space does not work on those keyboards, because of the way the circuit boards are built (As far as I could tell)

I think an option, or a way around this would be; to have the sprint action last .50 to 1 second after you depress shift, so that sprint and jump still registers.

As far as wall jumping goes.. perhaps have it so that you only need to hold space instead of both shift and space??

In any case, either i'm going to have to purchase a new keyboard, or i'll remap it to caps lock or something (our keep it mapped to the mouse) for now.

After digging around a bit it seems like the Logitech Illuminated keyboard is the culprit. Holding Shift +w+Space does not work on those keyboards, because of the way the circuit boards are built (As far as I could tell)

I think an option, or a way around this would be; to have the sprint action last .50 to 1 second after you depress shift, so that sprint and jump still registers.

As far as wall jumping goes.. perhaps have it so that you only need to hold space instead of both shift and space??

In any case, either i'm going to have to purchase a new keyboard, or i'll remap it to caps lock or something (our keep it mapped to the mouse) for now.

Logitech Iluminated Keyboards have a 3-Keystroke limit.