The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Absorb, Last Patch

ZephonDK

Yeah, something seems off. With the counter anyway. It works fine vs melee damage, the counter starts skyrocketing as soon as even a few Infested start bashing it. But ranged enemies? I popped it in the middle of two Heavy Gunners on a void mission once, they were around lvl 20, and even with both of them unloading their Gorgons full tilt the damage would only increase every few seconds (instead of near constant vs Infested) and only by a pitiful amount (100-150 damage per 'update').

It takes a single Runner one or two swipes to add 150 damage.

Could be it's just the counter that's off, or host issues. I know there's a crazy steep damage drop-off, if a ranged enemy takes even two steps back suddenly it halves the damage they'll take or something, so maybe it's just that that makes it look as if it's not working right. I haven't noticed any increase or decrease in enemies dropping dead after using it in any case. Infested still die by the dozen, everyone else still gives not a single, solitary damn.

It actually might be due to the fact that absorb deals inherent magnetic damage (according to the wiki) in the blast plus the damage that is absorbed (not sure if that damage is converted to magnetic damage also), this actually makes it weaker against grineer compared to other factions.

I actually notice happening in void maps, the blast goes off and the corpus and infested type enemies are blown away, but the grineer type enemies will survive the blast and get back up.

Edited by HappyApathy