Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acrobatics

Valsteel

Id like to see more done with the acrobatics and free running gameplay, maybe using them to access alternate routes or just make it more involved in the gameplay.

Like an open vent at the top of the wall you climb to so that you can get a more stealthed approach on the next room

Maybe make it more useful in combat

Its a beta i know, just my suggestion

There are actually architectures like that, especially in the two newer tilesets (the Grineer astroid base and the Corpus outpost; ceiling vents and ventilation tunnels, respectively).

Though with the update 7, they made vertical run + grab onto ledge a bit harder to perform, so I hope they make wallruns and such more rewarding in the future.

Also, a panick mechanic like hopping up and sticking to the ceiling or holding yourself up between the walls in narrow corridors to avoid passing patrols would rock.

That would be awesome, it just seems like their not really utilizing the acrobatics as much as they could, its a beta so I hope they add more cuz its really fun to use it when you can.

Making levels have more of those routes that utilize the free running would personally make the game funnier and add more of a ninja stealth feeling to it

Also maybe improving the transition from different free running actions like sliding to climbing or climbing to rolling would make the game seem more fluid and faster

Edited by Valsteel

There is a video that is made by a player right after the update that introduced wallrunning, where the guy runs all over the place, performing difficult manuvers. He made it look super cool and easy.

It's featured on the official Warframe facebook and liked by the official youtube channel. Let me see if I can find it, though some of the moves are made near impossible by update 7.

Here:

If I wanted Mario or Prince of persia I would have played a fcking console

Most the game cooler features are centered on the movement and mobility mecahnics. You're missing half the game if you're only shooting and swinging your sword.

The cool thing, is the game lets you play lazy like that. The pro-level parkour movement is exactly that, and not mandatory.

There are actually architectures like that, especially in the two newer tilesets (the Grineer astroid base and the Corpus outpost; ceiling vents and ventilation tunnels, respectively).

Though with the update 7, they made vertical run + grab onto ledge a bit harder to perform, so I hope they make wallruns and such more rewarding in the future.

Also, a panick mechanic like hopping up and sticking to the ceiling or holding yourself up between the walls in narrow corridors to avoid passing patrols would rock.

I agree, there is not enough "Ninja" in this ninja game. I would love to see a ceiling hang + shoot or Drop ambush style attack. Also I think there should be a bonus %chance to "dodge" incomming fire while sliding/air dashing. that would give people a reason to get good at that part instead of acting like gears of war and just hunkering down behind cover until no more heads poke out, or enough of mobs are dead that you can dash across the open ground and not get tore up by incomming fire.

With no way to mitigate/avoide damage other than modules its hard to be Melee orented (thats what i like)

I agree, there is not enough "Ninja" in this ninja game. I would love to see a ceiling hang + shoot or Drop ambush style attack. Also I think there should be a bonus %chance to "dodge" incomming fire while sliding/air dashing. that would give people a reason to get good at that part instead of acting like gears of war and just hunkering down behind cover until no more heads poke out, or enough of mobs are dead that you can dash across the open ground and not get tore up by incomming fire.

With no way to mitigate/avoide damage other than modules its hard to be Melee orented (thats what i like)

I agree with the damage mitigation/avoidance when dashing or vaulting through the air (ex: the jump+shoot "dash shooting" should be way more rewarding, since it's super hard to aim while jumping, but looks freaking cool).

About melee-oriented, I thought about the possibility of having a future frame or two to be melee-centric, maybe giving rifle/pistol damage/accuracy penalties, while giving melee speed/range/damage a buff, so people who want to be a full-blown ninja can go absolutely NUTS.