Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"cyron" - Technological Support

TotallyRealistic

"Cyron"

*Still under development*

Heavily Corpus-based Warframe, appears considerably more so than Valkyr, sporting shiny metallic armor plating that actually crosses designs with Grineer armors. Head appears as a smoother(though slightly segmented), more organic-type metal mimicking the Grineer's curved armor surfaces, with an abrupt - and blatantly Corpus - single "eye" that is rectangular in shape and barely comes out much past the rest of the head(much like Mag Prime's single "eye" formation). The body's chest is covered in the same smooth, yet vertically segmented, metallic armor plates that create a "collar" around the neck, with two "arc-bands" near the shoulders starting at the base of the chest and reaching over the shoulders to just below the upper back. A small backpack-type formation is between these "bands" and appears to be fused to the back(same as much of the armor, especially on the arms and legs), and overall it appears very reminiscent of reactor/terminal/jetpack designs (basically with wires/cords connecting to the frame and additional buttons/lights/tech stuff to decorate the semi-cylindrical/semi-rectangular shape) with an antenna-like formation peaking up over/behind the left shoulder. The shoulders resemble a resized and reproportioned Grineer-shaped armor pad made of the same smooth metal as the other armoring on the Warframe. The forearms and hands are not as armored, with only armor plates on the elbows and wrists. The wrists would have some sort of technical/data pad decor. The legs would be similarly armored, with armor plates on the knees and shins(shin plates visibly fused at back of calves). At the bottom of the shins, just above the ankles, would be horizontally segmented "cuffs" that cover the slightly armored feet. The feet would appear more as boots, and would be slightly covered be the segmented "cuffs" located on the shins.

Generally, Corpus materials formed with(the more organic) Grineer stylings fused to a basic Tenno suit. Where the Tenno suit is showing(unarmored areas) the arms are disproportionately thinner when compared to the armor, while the legs have a proper, proportionately thinner structure(Exposed/unarmored areas on the legs would be up to twice as thick as the arms, and are around 3/4 as thick as the armoring on the legs).

Stats:

Shields: 200(600)

Health: 50(150)

Armor: 600

Power: 100(150)

Stamina: 80

Sprint Speed: 0.9

Tech oriented

General abilities:

These are simply ability ideas I had for this Warframe concept, chosen to show the kind of style I had intended for this 'frame to convey. Obviously not all of these abilities are valid as they are, however if the DE team sees this concept and it's abilities, then they can feel free to adjust the abilities as they see fit...I just hope that if they do change the abilities, they at least keep the original ideas in mind.

Ability 1

1. Fortify

Cyron can deploy up to 4 stationary defense turrets, capable of assisting in almost any situation, using plasma projectile weaponry similar to Shade's Burst Laser pistol. Each turret can generate and fire a store of missiles during battle, capable of unleashing missiles one at a time or in a whole volley.

Bonus Trivia:

1. Armor Debuff stacks with each ability use, corresponding debuff is removed upon minion destruction.

2. Color scheme corresponds to the selected colors of Cyron.

3. When firing missiles, fires all missiles available at once

Power Cost - 25

Cast time - 1 second

Armor Debuff - 5%

Shields - 100/150/200/250

Health - 25/50/75/100 (Robotic)

Armor - 25 (Alloy)

Sight Range - 17.5 meters

Attack Range - 15 meters

Weapon Type - Burst

Fire Rate - 1.5

Magazine - 3

Reload Time - 1

Projectile Speed - 30

Damage - (~)10/30/40/50

[impact - 5/15/20/25]

[Puncture - 5/15/20/25]

Missile Stats:

Delay After Spawn - 5 seconds

Sight Range - 15 meters

Attack Range - 10 meters

Missile Respawn Delay - 10 seconds

Missile Spawn Rate - 1 / 5 seconds

Magazine - 4

Fire Rate - 4

Explosion Radius - .5 meters

Explosion Damage - 200/300/350/400 (Blast)

Mod Effects:

Power Duration has no effect

Power Efficiency reduces Power Cost

Power Range increases Sight Range, Attack Range, and Explosion Radius

Power Strength increases all damage dealt and all damage resistance

Ability 2

1. Guardian Angel

Cyron releases up to 2 Osprey-type drones, who seek out and protect injured or downed allies, using plasma projectile weaponry similar to Wyrm's Laser Rifle. The drones also have a Restoring Pulse ability that boosts the survival odds of allies in range.

Bonus Trivia:

1. Armor Debuff stacks with each ability use, corresponding debuff is removed upon minion destruction.

Power Cost - 50

Cast Time - 1 second

Armor Debuff - 10%

Shields - 25/50/75/100

Health - 50/100/150/200 (Robotic)

Armor - 0

Movement Speed - 1

Sight Range - 30 meters

Attack Range - 10 meters

Weapon Type - Auto

Fire Rate - 5

Magazine - 15

Reload Time - 1.5

Projectile Travel Speed - 45

Damage - (~)20/30/40/50

[impact - 10/15/20/25]

[Puncture - 10/15/20/25]

"Restore" Stats:

Delay After Spawn - 15 seconds

Pulse Radius - 2.5 meters

Shield Restore - 100/150/200/250

Health Restore - 20/30/40/50

Cool Down - 30 seconds

Mod Effects:

Power Range increases Sight Range, Attack Range, and Pulse Radius

Power Strength increases Damage, all damage resistance, and strength of Restore Pulse

Ability 3

1. Sentry

Cyron summons a small mixture between Zanuka, Hyena Pack, and a Jackal-type drone, which proceeds to hunt down and kill enemies, firing plasma projectiles from two shoulder mounted barrels. The drone is also capable of a small AoE attack much like a Shockwave MOA or Rhino Stomp.

Bonus Trivia:

Power Cost - 75

Cast time - 1 second

Armor Debuff - 35%

Shields - 100/250/375/500

Health - 75/150/175/200

Armor - 100 (Alloy)

Movement Speed - .8

Sight Range - 30 Meters

Attack Range - 20 meters

Weapon Type - Auto

Fire Rate - 10

Magazine - 200

Reload Time - 3

Projectile Travel Speed - 60

Damage - (~)20/30/40/50

[impact - 8/12/16/20]

[Puncture - 8/12/16/20]

[slash - 4/6/8/10]

Shockwave Stats:

Delay After Spawn - 15 seconds

Radius - 3 meters

Damage - (~)250/325/400/500 (Impact)

Cool Down - 30 seconds

Mod Effects:

Power Range increases Sight Range, Attack Range, and Shockwave Radius

Ability 4

1. Lockdown

Cyron can activate a small transformation, shifting and forming dual arm-fused mini-guns, which fire plasma projectiles similar to the Cestra/Dual Cestras and the Dera, as well as dual shoulder-fused missile pods, quad thruster jets, and piston powered legs. Cyron also forms and shifts extra armoring into place, restricting movement while bolstering defenses; effectively turning Cyron into a mobile turret. In this mode, the original primary and secondary weapons are replaced with dual plasma miniguns, the original melee weapon is replaced with small missile pods, and normal jumping is replaced with a slow charging but powerful stomp attack.

Bonus Trivia:

1. When activating this mode, and while it remains active, all previous stats are replaced with the set values below.

2. Use of any and all other abilities is disabled while Lockdown is active.

3. Lockdown is comparable to both Valkyr's Hysteria and Rhino's Iron Skin, as it is a survival-protective skill, though it differs greatly when in contrast with the two abilities as it offers no invincibility whatsoever and, on average, lowers the set health cap.

Power Cost - 150

Charge Time - 3 seconds

Duration - 30

Set Shield Value - 1,000/1,500/1,750/2,000 (Proto)

Set Health Value - 200/150/100/50 (Robotic)

Set Armor Value - 900/940/970/1,000 (Alloy)

Set Stamina Value - 150

Set Speed - .5

Set Weapon Type - Auto

Set Fire Rate - 20

Set Magazine - 400

Set Reload Time - 4

Projectile Travel Speed - 100

Damage (~)3/9/12/15

[impact - 1/3/4/5]

[Puncture - 1/3/4/5]

[slash - 1/3/4/5]

Missile Pod Stats:

Attack Type - Charge only

Charge Time - .75 seconds

Magazine - 8

Fire Rate - 4

Explosion Radius - .25 meters

Damage (~)100/150/200/250 (Blast)

Cool Down - 5 seconds

Stomp Attack Stats:

Cast Time - 1 second

Radius - 1 meter

Damage (~)250/500/750/1,000 (Impact)

Cool Down - 5 seconds

Mod Effects:

Power Duration increases the Duration that Lockdown is active

Power Efficiency reduces the Power Cost

Power Range increases Missile Explosion Radius and Stomp Radius

2. Total Blackout

Emit a 360 pulse that disrupts the HUD while dealing extremely lethal damage to machines, creating an effect similar to destroying reactors in sabotage; all the electronics(lights) go out. After the pulse, an aura surrounds the player that can confuse enemies while it persistently damages the shields of any and all enemies inside the aura. In addition to this, all allies within this aura receive bonus shields and shield regeneration, while all enemies within the aura's range are affected by a reload speed and fire rate penalty.

Bonus Trivia:

1. This power destroys/blinds any and all Corpus Cameras in range of the aura, effectively creating a "total blackout".

2. This power disables ALL electronics; including lights, Moa deployer stations, Corpus Cameras, Hellion Jetpacks, and even terminals(meaning enemies can't raise alarm or lock doors).

3. All locked doors within range of this ability's aura are automatically unlocked as if by hack/override, but are immediately relocked when the ability ends.

Power Cost - 100

Range(Meters) - 10/20/25/30

Damage - 100/200/300/400 (Magnetic)

Status - 50%(25% Radiation)

Aura Stats:

Duration - 30 seconds

Range(Meters) - 10/20/25/30

Damage / sec - 2.5/5/7.5/10 (Magnetic)

Status / sec - 5%(20% Radiation)

Ally Shields - (+)100/150/200/250

Ally Shield Regeneration - (+)30%/45%/60%/75%

Enemy Speed - (-)15%

Mod Effects:

Power Duration increases the Duration that Total Blackout is active

Power Range increases Range and Aura Range

Power Strength increases Damage and Aura buffs

Other Ability concepts are appreciated!

While your ideas are very well thought out, I can't see this fitting into the Warframe lore regarding Warframes, the Corpus, the Tenno, and the Orokin. Simply put, the Corpus do not have this kind of technology, nor would a Tenno find this ability set attractive to their codes and fighting styles. Even Valkyr was basically a broken/duct-taped mish-mash of frames that already existed.

It just doesn't fit the game, IMO

While your ideas are very well thought out, I can't see this fitting into the Warframe lore regarding Warframes, the Corpus, the Tenno, and the Orokin. Simply put, the Corpus do not have this kind of technology, nor would a Tenno find this ability set attractive to their codes and fighting styles. Even Valkyr was basically a broken/duct-taped mish-mash of frames that already existed.

It just doesn't fit the game, IMO

Yes but I believe I stated that I know some of the abilities are invalid. I'm a flexible person.

Though I was aiming for a more unique ability set, additional abilities are sure to come in case these need be replaced.

I don't think this fits into the lore. The Corpus don't understand the Tenno or their warframes well enough to do this, Valkyr's a painful accident and her abilities are partly existent due to torture rather than technology. I also don't understand how he manages to summon in Corpus' robots, they do require parts, they're not just made due to energy or already part of the frame.

Well each "minion" requires both energy and a percentage of armor to cast. While the turrets and ospreys are deployed directly from the Warframe, the armor reduction is meant to symbolize the additional resource cost. The rest I've yet to explain.

I feel like you should maybe explain it more then. But even so, I really don't see how this fits into the lore. Tenno wouldn't take Corpus technology if that's how he was created, they kind of fight their own battles, and the Corpus don't know enough about Warframes for him to be created the same way as Valkyr.

You put this better than I did for sure.

I feel like you should maybe explain it more then. But even so, I really don't see how this fits into the lore. Tenno wouldn't take Corpus technology if that's how he was created, they kind of fight their own battles, and the Corpus don't know enough about Warframes for him to be created the same way as Valkyr.

I've got to think of how to explain it first, don't I?

My priorities are to explain first, make lore-abiding second. And so far, I've figured that Cyron would be a product of Corpus experiments to indoctrinate and control Tenno. And my counterargument, before you argue against this idea, is that there are plenty of examples in media regarding villains' inability to control that which they do not understand. And a similarity can be formed between the Corpus and their interests in Warframe technology; they do not fully understand it, but they wish to control it.

Then again, this is flexible and variable to change. And this situation is one reason why I need to develop more alternate powers.

It's not even just that they wish to control it, they wish to use it for profit. Everything comes back to profit with the Corpus. If they don't understand it but wish to control it, then how did they even understand it enough to modify Cyron this heavily? Why did they try to modify a Warframe again after the Valkyr experiments were a bust that cost them so much money, when they value money above all else?? Why didn't Cyron just escape, like Valkyr did? If Valkyr is any indication they clearly don't understand Tenno enough to change them as heavily as Cyron has been, or integrate their technology into Warframes as heavily, or hold them down for so long.

Alad V has nothing against murdering Tenno for profit, as you can see in The Profit trailer and as he's basically said outright multiple times. He also dissects them. But despite all of this, he still barely understands them, all he can do is kill them then scrap them for parts to make a dog, that he uses to harvest parts from other Warframes to sell. So why didn't he just dissect Cyron and sell him, rather than trying to do something he did before that he knows cost him a lot and gave him no reward?

Exactly, profit. "Profit numbs the pain"

I take one of the saying's meanings to be that as long as they profit, the pain was worth it.

Additionally, they would have learned from their mistakes in the Zanuka project, but only as far as security procedures are concerned. Meaning it would be harder for Cyron to escape. Not only this, but I'm thinking that Cyron's arms should be prosthetic. This leads to the question of "how" and "why", and I'm developing that info as well. So far, I believe it is reasonable that the Corpus would have used more specialized tools like advanced saws and laser cutters to make the modifications to Cyron. That's how, but why? Just to see if they could, basically. The Corpus know they can't replicate Warframe technology, but wouldn't they at least be interested in controlling it? Alad V's project funding was cut by his superiors, it's not likely that he would lead the project.

But if it helps at any rate, this Warframe is tied to an Event concept I'm working on, specifically featuring the "Downfall of the Tenno". Of course, not really, but it involves the research and discovery of technological advancements that could potentially endanger the Tenno as a whole.

Not to be mistaken as an understanding of Warframe technology, however, but instead is more overall technological advancement.

P.S. If you want to argue my concept of the Corpus abducting Warframes again, even after the Zanuka project, then look at Vay Hek and his Fomorians.

It's not JUST Alad V that cares primarily about profit, all of the Corpus do. The problem is they DIDN'T profit from Valkyr, and there's no way for them to have profited off of Cyron as far as I can tell. They wouldn't be interested in controlling it unless they can profit from it, and even if Alad V isn't leading the project, there's no logical explanation for any of the Corpus knowing more about this than he does. He's the one who led the projects to study them, he's the one who dissected them, and even after all this work he barely understands them. So how would any other Corpus understand them? And again, why wouldn't they just dissect them and sell them when they know they can profit off of this? They don't do things just because they can, they do them for profit.

There's a difference between overall technological advancement paired with the Grineer's psychosis, and understanding Warframe technology enough to integrate your technology into it to the extent that it changes them entirely and makes them essentially a piece of Corpus technology, all the way down to their abilities, which seem to be tied to whoever is inside the Warframe, just like how Valkyr's are tied to her suffering.

Well, this has officially gone past the point of my preprepared knowledge and explanation. Especially considering I wasn't prepared to argue.

I still need to work on an explanation, and if need be, I will add sufficient details to the lore with my Event concept.

However, there's no reason to think that DE would notice this thread and put this into the game, so I'm a little confused about why you argue against it like this. Cause this isn't exactly constructive criticism, you're just telling me why it doesn't fit into the lore. I can't make much progress if you only point out my flaws, which at the moment are huge, and I know.

I'm pointing out your flaws so you can work on them and try to make your concept fit into the lore. If you're trying to make something without keeping in mind the world surrounding it, then it likely won't turn out very well. If you know that they're huge, then work on them. Pin-pointing the problems with something is what leads you to fixing them.

The problem is that you're just pointing them out and not giving me anything to work with. You tell me I don't fit with the lore, but you don't suggest how I can fix that. I know that I have to come up with more details and info, but you're just adding to my list and I don't really find that very helpful.

I'm not sure how to add him into the lore as anything other than a random encounter outcast of a Tenno that's for some reason decided to integrate Warframe technology into himself. I don't see how he could work as a playable character really.

I don't see a difference, if he's in the game period he would have to abide to the lore, random encounter or not.

I meant it'd be easier to make him abide to the lore as a random encounter who chose to integate Corpus technology into himself. I.. accidentally said Warframe instead of Corpus. I don't know if a Tenno would ever do that, though.

I still don't see it as a much different approach...

However...

For my Event concept, I have recently considered a Tenno going rogue and betraying the others; selling out information on Warframe tech, maybe even selling out fellow Tenno. An approach such as this might be capable of producing Cyron, right?

Edited by TotallyRealistic

Not really... Orokin Tech requires a T-Virus infested Tenno to operate, plain and simple. A great deal of a warframe's power comes from this interface between operator and machine. The Corpus, without learning the difference between an uninfected Tenno and themselves, would not be able to create such an interface.

To be honest however you do it is going to be really iffy. I don't think Tenno really sell each other out, Stalker apparently isn't a Tenno but he still uses a Warframe, so I really don't know. I don't know if it'd even be possible to integrate Corpus technology that heavily into a Warframe, they seem very dependent on their users, and their users seem very dependent on them. It might outright kill them.

...well, I was taking on more of a "Dead Man Walking" approach anyways XD

Nekros never made sense to me, he literally looked like a skeleton in Warframe Exo-Armor. If he's literally dead inside, how do you exlain that? If he's not dead, how do you explain his strange shape?

That and I still don't think Oxium Ospreys fit in the lore. Made of a supposedly rare material resource, suicide bombs when slightly damaged. If it's so rare, then why?

While we're on the subject of "iffy", that is.

Like that but without the walking.

He's not literally dead inside. Some people are literally that skinny, fast metabolisms and being somewhat tall can cause it, I've seen a couple people like that. And also the Tenno are infected with the Technocyte virus, it's very possible for them to have merged with their Warframe physically as well as mentally. Haven't you noticed that the infected Grineer and Corpus have had their flesh merged into their suits and robotic augmentations?

It might not be rare for the Corpus, but rather rare to us because they only use it on one unit, and we get our material from salvage rather than the same way they do, which is probably through mining and salvaging things other than just Corpus and Grineer. It could be very expendable for them. It could also just plain not sell for much, making it value-less aside from its abilities to make ospreys that they can use to fend off us and the Grineer.

I know, I have a fast metabolism, my hips still don't look like that. My arms...maybe. And yeah, their flesh is merged, however the virus wasn't contained/controlled like in the case of Tenno and their Warframes. Cause the Tenno obviously have some method of containing/controlling the virus, seeing as the Tenno aren't gradually dying and aren't spreading the Virus wherever they go.

I believe the description said the resource itself is rare...

That might work? I haven't really seen anything called Guardian Angel or Sentry in the game. There is the neural sentry and the Guardian mod. Neural sentry enemies are enemies that have been taken over by the neural sentry in the Void, which is the security system. That'd be the same as creating Grineer and Corpus out of thin air.

No, those are Cyron's current abilities. Guardian Angel deploys Ospreys, and Sentry summons the quadruped gun-drone.

I've also finished working on melee weapons that would be released with Cyron.

Oh, right. Ospreys are still a Corpus unit, the quadrupled gun-drone might kind of work? It seems like it's also a Corpus unit.

...what?

Those were the abilities you spoke against because of resource concerns. I said I was getting rid of them, though I am still keeping the turrets...

Maybe shift them to 2nd ability...

Resource concerns are still a massive issue, if you can find a way around that and around them literally just being Corpus units then go for it. I mean, this doesn't really fix the problems I already addressed. The turrets seem sort of alright.

The turrets are certainly more reasonable, being smaller and derived from Corpus Security Turrets. I feel the Corpus turrets have a more generic look than the rest of the Corpus, so that paired with their small size and innate 'deploy' ability made them more favorable to keep over the other blatantly Corpus minions. I figure that, for now, a simple cost in power and armor reduction should suffice. There are more pressing matters, after all.

Also, what say you to the 4th abilities?