Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Questions

Flexual

Question

So how are people playing Nyx. Outside of Chaos, it seems the rest of it doesnt do very much....ive tried that mass aoe ability that absorbs damage but it never seems to do much. Just wondering if im playing it wrong, or if Nyx is a one trick kinda guy lol.

8 answers to this question

She might make a good sniper. Use chaos when things get hecktic, good frontal clear. Then if you get stuck in a corner and are surrounded by acid giants and angry dogs, use your ult

Edited by Aquifn

Sometimes I use mind control on a single strong enemy in a group, its kinda fun to watch a horde of infected all try to kill the one ancient, either way alot of enemies die without you doing anything and its only 25 energy. The damage skill I think is pretty useless. And I have seen some people use absorb on corpus defense missions, takes heat off the pod so teamates can clear out the enemies.

Nyx really shines on Defense missions. I was in a group doing an Infested defense, and we got to wave 22/23. The main thing was that a Nyx in the team was always making the ancients fight each other, which was necessary since they were level 50+ bullet sponges.

This. Best use of Chaos. Infested runners go boom on each other and ancients produce colorful attacks.

Mind Control is good to use on single tough enemies; Ancients, Grineer Napalm troops, etc. The point is not so much to have them kill other enemies. If they do, that's a bonus. The key point is that when controlled, they stop attacking you and your team. The same applies to Chaos. Nyx has in my mind the best crowd control and lockdown of any warframe.

Telekinetic Assault or whatever it's called, I forget...it's a pretty okay ranged attack power. No, it doesn't compare to Ember's attack powers, and it's relatively expensive at 50 energy compared to the 25 energy damaging attacks of other warframes. But look at it this way, at least you have an attack on a support frame. Not like Trinity. The thing is getting used to its mechanics. The bolts have long travel time, but they're homing and the power can be used while on the move, or if you have no time to aim properly. Since it fires five bolts maxed out, or something like that - it's both an AoE and effective single target. I may be mistaken, but I think if there's only one enemy around to hit, all bolts will home in on them. The wiki says you can control or influence the homing by using right mouse zoom, but I haven't experimented enough to see a difference.

Absorb is a great 'oh crap' button if you're taking heavy fire, though I haven't really mastered using it effectively in other situations. My Nyx isn't very high level, so I'm not really rocking a fully realised build yet. But I love the thing. Great solo, useful on teams.

Edited by Acyl

i have a lvl30 nyx. one of the best frames in my opinion.

yup mind control is very good on strong enemies. its a better version of a decoy imo. as well as chaos.

i like using the psychic bolts. maxed out u can one hit up to 3 targets (using power strength and efficiency as well)

i dont really use absorb as the damage it does is too weak. if u r set up with proper team mates. (example: rhino and saryn) then the absorb becomes totally useless.

i think that nyx isnt just a supporter in first place. i often have highest damage in my team with her.

u just need to get to know her mechanics and then u totally control the area. so u know which one to kill. that makes u the most effective player in ur team.