Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beginner Warframe Selection

Onshuu

I just played this game for the first time today and it looks fantastic, feels very fun. However, I feel like I got screwed over when I chose my first Warframe. With such an emphasis on the differences in style of play between the different Warframes I am surprised that you are not allowed to test all the beginning frames out before selecting one. Instead you are shown a seriously lacking description of the 3 options and expected to choose the one you will be stuck playing for the next several days if not weeks or months that you will have to play before you can buy or make a different one so you can test that one out and see if you prefer it.

The player really needs to be able to test out all the beginner Warframes before you force them to lock into the one they will use exclusively at the start.

Tip: Read the abilities first.

That's how i choose my first warframe, Volt.

Volt was swapped out with Mag... Volt seemed a little more overpowered than other warframes so they swapped for one more balanced. Excaliber is the most prefered starter now but I still like Loki better :P

Mag's okay but needs better started stats.

Tip: Read the abilities first.

Yeah, I did that. Reading all the descriptions and imagining how powerful or neat they are is nothing like getting to test them out and decide based on actual experience using them.

For example if you read the description "Shoot mind bullets" ... ok so how big are these bullets? we talking bb's? or like a 9mm or heck.. we talkin 50cal bullets here? Or is it a novelty that is actually completely useless when trying to use them in realistic situations?

Description != Experience

You can't tell me you wouldn't prefer testing the abilities to just reading a description of them.

Edited by Onshuu