Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Concept [Balance, Levels, Modding And Stuff]

kimahn

hi, we tried to discuss a bit about this but huh ... im pretty sure we dont understand each other so i tried to make a simple graph of what i was thinking :

tennograph.png

additionnal infos :

TENNO

the tenno inside the frame is huh .. you. the core. mods could be implants. try to picture with one could do that :

life mods, block, speed,stam etc .. everything that you could obtain irl by training

we could start with 4 slots, and 1 unlocked each 2mastery ranks

FRAMES

the frames should be more role oriented, and these "frames" are armors, more or less, to reflect that, they could affect the tenno speed, his armor value, and the shield stat should be moddable on it, with power mods and powers, of course.

by dividing the pool in 2 it would allow more flexibility in the build, and we could keep all of our powers, instead of reducing most of the frame to a 1-2 power spammer

this way we could have clearer roles (yes some powers should disappear, and other should be revamped, ember style)

rhino : heavy offensive

frost : heavy defensive

oberon : healer offensive

trin : healer defensive

etc etc ..

the goal is to promote synegies, without using gamebreaking mechanics such as "nobody move and shoot" or "everyone is immortal" because acually, this is clearly the case, if you dont go all cc or immortal, you re screwed.

the extreme orientation would make the frame easier to balance for the devs, and our roles would be clearer in our heads

FOCUS (that should be named Paths btw )

this thing is here to go farther in the tenno path, i could balance the frames role, or push it farther, your choice, nothing to devellop here, the system is not implanted yet :)

FOCUS POWERS

this utilities could be unlocked thru focus rank and same as the focus itself they are here to avoid power soup on frames and boredom.

ie of focus powers :

- flashbang

- speed

- cage

- decoy

all the actual powers that do not look "signature" but more of tools :)

PRIMARY

primary should be grossly more powerful than secondaries. and should not allow melee. and perhaps slow the tenno a bit

we have so many mods now, and so few slots ... all the time that i put in leveling these mods .. it really pains me to lets them behind.

so i was thinking about a division, again :

-mechanics : ammo clip size, general ammo size, ammo regen, split bullets etc etc

- powers : elementals, perhaps new mods that can modify the shooting type ... dunno. powers. you got it.

SECONDARY

we were ninjas, with a gun and blade logic. we will have melee 2.0 that allow us full melee but i liked the middle ground, melee/gun so we were thinking about something that could become gun katas one day .. but in the mean time

secondaries could be less powerful than secondaries, but permit melee slash and charge and perhaps synergies between the 2 of them

and perhaps a speed slightly increased ^^

MELEE

i ll wait melee 2.0 before that topic ^^

but same as others, splitted modding :

mechanics : swing rate etc, perhaps a demultiplied strike !! (split chamber for the melee, in summary : when you strike you have something that could look like retinian persistence, manga style)

powers : channeling customisations, elementals

oh and damage wise, i hope that taking the risk of going melee and the loss oh time in  moving will be compensated by outstanding dmg, but from what i saw, this is pretty much the case :)

MASTERY RANKING :

this thing need definitly more love.

i understand that some people want a flat progression. all weapons equal. sure.

i understand that people want vertical progression. we progress, we need more powerful stuff.sure

so why not both ?

cheap weapons could be using a low rank, and could be more and more powerfull with a new kind of item that you can put in it, after each ranked passed, the base stats should increase accordingly, to final reach balance with higher ranked weapon

ie super simplified

gungunplasticpew rk0 : 20dmg base, 5 bullet clip

gunbratatata rk5 : 35 dmg base, 100 bullet clip

gungunplasticpew is super hype. i want to use it, and stay competitive i put 5 carrots in it and :

gungunplasticpew : 200dmg base, 20 bullet clip

reflecting that, the mobs need to be stronger. what is the point of having super strong gun and nuke low levels ?

the rank could raise up the level of missions, something like

supernubmission level 1-3 morphed into supernub mission level 10-30, because rank 5, moar xp, more loots, more everything. still fun.

but it would cause an issue : low level missions with randoms.

so i would put like this :

solo : scale on the rank

private : scale on the medium rank

online : scale on the lowest rank

plus ! an option to lower the level in solo/medium. perhaps just 2 arrow and a -rk//+rk on the side

side not : i played bravely default not so long ago, the option that permit to scale difficulty+spawn rate was outstanding, i dont think to explain why :)

kisses

Edited by kimahn