Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash: Shuriken

Zed0

lawl, it's either the thing bounce to the nearest enemy and each bounce will decrease its dmg and they will have a limit on how many times its bounce. to make it less op it can't bounce back to the target it already hit.

Or they make it wider and bigger. like this https://encrypted-tb...0szYf4ziG7fl_yQ

size. this pic might be to big. http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/rsz_kaede_with_her_shuriken_8798.jpg

Edited by DreakinZ

Bouncing shuriken would be pretty op. Basically you don't have to aim.

With the % damage reduction it wont be that op and you will have to aim your shuriken because if your shuriken hits a wall it will not bounce so you have to aim and make sure your shuriken is going to hit. Now if I throw a shuriken, I dont waste my time aiming for a guaranteed hit because its not worth it and I dont care if it hits or not but if by hitting your shuriken you make it bounce and deal more damage, people would take the time to aim it like the do with the paris, if it hits you feel good and if you miss your sad.

But I was thinking, if they add this bouncing property to the shuriken and you get a headshot will it bounce to make another headshot? Yes that would be op but its like a high-risk high-reward thing and this will also reward skilled Tennos since this is a space ninja game the more your skilled the more you should be rewarded no? let me know what you think about it.

With the % damage reduction it wont be that op and you will have to aim your shuriken because if your shuriken hits a wall it will not bounce so you have to aim and make sure your shuriken is going to hit. Now if I throw a shuriken, I dont waste my time aiming for a guaranteed hit because its not worth it and I dont care if it hits or not but if by hitting your shuriken you make it bounce and deal more damage, people would take the time to aim it like the do with the paris, if it hits you feel good and if you miss your sad.

But I was thinking, if they add this bouncing property to the shuriken and you get a headshot will it bounce to make another headshot? Yes that would be op but its like a high-risk high-reward thing and this will also reward skilled Tennos since this is a space ninja game the more your skilled the more you should be rewarded no? let me know what you think about it.

Don't like the idea of if you hit a headshot it will bounce for another head shot. it will just bounce to the next target with reduce dmg. your first hit is tru dmg and it will then bounce randomly on another enemy that nearby.

Edited by DreakinZ

Don't like the idea of if you hit a headshot it will bounce for another head shot. it will just bounce to the next target with reduce dmg. your first hit is tru dmg and it will then bounce randomly on another enemy that nearby.

Of course even if you headshot the bounce gets a % reduction but the damage will still be higher then a normal bounce.

And I have been thinking of making the reduction a 30 % reduction per bounce what do you guys think?

For exemple the 1st hit is 100 the next is 70 and the next is 49 and so on.

Edited by DChaos

I just want it to go where I'm aiming. I currently don't use it becuase it's like playing roullete, sometimes it hits, and soemtimes it sails straight over my targets head, even when my target is an ancient infested and I'm aiming dead centre mass for maximum hit probability. I'm not gonna waste precious energy on a skill that only works sometimes.

I don't really like the bouncing Shuriken Idea.... shurikens don't bounce <_<; I mean really, I have one, it will stick to the wall unless you through the non-bladed part. Unless it's so uber hard steel... but...

I think it's better to just throw multiple kunais, perhaps in this formation.

-

- -

Since they go through it would powerful against weak groups, like infected chargers, it could potently wipe the whole group.

Making Shurikens crowed Control skill, Smoke bomb a versatile skill(which is what ninjas are) teleport an utility skill and Blade Storm this weird mess. Which I think needs some work :P

Edited by Kurochikun

Wow alot of people are comin up with good ideas.

Nice. Alot of people say that it is going to be op, but the truth is it isnt.

This would be op though. If getting a headshot, it would simply imply that the %damage reduction to the other enemies that the shuriken ricochete's will have decreased damage because the first person that you headshot has taken increased damage.

---------------------------------------

The shuriken would either ricochet with % shared damage (each mod level will increase the damage that is available)

OR go through every enemy it hits when thrown (in a straight line) - the shuriken would be three times as big as it's current size: about twice as big as Ash's hand

http://www.computerweekly.com/photostory/2240107573/Photos-Watchmen-gadgets-and-weapons/6/Watchmen-Nite-Owls-ninja-star

Another idea is a multi-shuriken targeting system like in Hitman Absolution

This will be great, it will take time to aim every star so the player must be quick and accurate - like a true ninja ^.^

A player would start with 2 shurikens to throw at default mod level then get another one per +3 mod level with a little bit of increased damage each +1 level.

The player should even be able to throw all the shurikens at one enemy.

The shurikens would be silent ofcourse.

Edited by Zed0

Using the Shuriken, I've found it best used as a Close Range insta-kill or momentary stun for when my Lato Vandal runs out of ammo.

If I were to buff it I'd do it as this:

1. Holding the ability button would charge it, raising power cost till a maximum of 100 when fully upgraded to throw a stronger, larger shuriken.

2. Tapping it quickly to throw multiple, smaller kunai instead of shuriken for 5 per TAP. This means the first CLICK would be a shuriken, but rapid clicking (tapping) would throw Kunai.

3. A fully upgraded and maximum charged shuriken throw for 150 or so energy could result in an AoE attack, where you throw shuriken in a 360 spin.

These are simply small ideas that I believe could give Ash's Shuriken throw a more flexible ability roll, since currently it seems more suited as a close range 25 energy shotgun plink for stun and occasionally large damage.

I think Ash's shuriken ability is a let down. He should be able to lock on an enemy, and throw the shuriken, if the enemy is moving fast (like infected runners and dogs) - he would miss ofcourse. And then by upgrading it further you can throw several shurikens at different enemies or all of them at one - nothing OP, just be able to throw another shuriken per +2 mod level.

And don't say this would be OP as Excalibur's 'Slash Dash' kills way more people for the same Mana consumption.

I like the idea but I dont think the locking system is what Ash shuriken needs. Here's my point of view,

1: Make the shuriken bigger, I just made Ash today and was surprised by the size of that thing I even did a test and a pistol bullet is bigger then that thing. By making the shutiken bigger lets say the length of two warframes side by side, it would be alot better for clearing groups of enemies. Now the shuriken is like a gimmick, I personal just use it to kill the grineer because its fun to see them all armored up and getting killed by something so small. I mean cmon why would a warframe choose to throw a shuriken of small size rather then a huge shuriken that could cut two people at the same time?

2:The ability to charge the shuriken for more damage or to throw more then one, now while using the shuriken I really dont feel that I used something that I couldnt do otherwise, I can just kill people with my pistol rather then my shuriken but I know people would use Excalibur slash and dash any day rather then shooting. If I was able to charge my shuriken for damage or multiple shuriken depending on what is possible and not overpowered there is going to be so many possible ways to use the shuriken, just on top of my head I can already see my self charging my shuriken to hit a boss with it while my team is distracting him or for the multiple shuriken you can have a loki use his decoy to lure all the mobs and while they are attacking the decoy you release the multiple shurikens to slice them all.

Theres so many ways one can play with shurikens but the way they are now I'd rather leave it and take another mod that could help me better in my missions.

Thats all I had to say and thank you for taking the time to read.

I enjoy both of these idea's. But two things I would like to see if either of these happend.

With the smaller shuriken, and multi-shuriken, if there was a lock on I think it should be scroll lock on (Ex: Scroll over enemy body part, and a mark will be left there (Or click body part to lock). (Those who have xbox360 and Red Dead Redemption will know this idea is more or less borrowed.)).

With a large shuriken I think it would be best to have the shuriken itself be no larger than a Tenno back (Borrowing this from Naruto. I'm lame I know. XP). However as the ability upgrades perhaps the shruken can gain an an energy blade while thrown, thus expanding the range, and damage you seem to want. So at lvl 1 is might be able to cleave two Grinner standing side-by-side down at once, but definately meant more for a line of enemy's. Lvl 2, easily capable of getting 2 Grinner. Lvl 3, capable of 3 Grinner, and anything else in it's way. (I won't bother with damage stats as I am still just a little to green for the stats based on this ability, and also the fact I have not even used Ash yet, I'm not capable of adding in stats.) Seems like this would be a good adjustment though.

Both idea's are wonderful, hope something will be done to make things more fun, and fair.

Using the Shuriken, I've found it best used as a Close Range insta-kill or momentary stun for when my Lato Vandal runs out of ammo.

If I were to buff it I'd do it as this:

1. Holding the ability button would charge it, raising power cost till a maximum of 100 when fully upgraded to throw a stronger, larger shuriken.

2. Tapping it quickly to throw multiple, smaller kunai instead of shuriken for 5 per TAP. This means the first CLICK would be a shuriken, but rapid clicking (tapping) would throw Kunai.

3. A fully upgraded and maximum charged shuriken throw for 150 or so energy could result in an AoE attack, where you throw shuriken in a 360 spin.

These are simply small ideas that I believe could give Ash's Shuriken throw a more flexible ability roll, since currently it seems more suited as a close range 25 energy shotgun plink for stun and occasionally large damage.

I dont think having shuriken and kunai as 1 skill is correct, its one or the other.

As for the shuriken, I said earler to make it bigger and the possibility to charge it for multiple shuriken or higher damage or to make the shuriken bounce.

And for the kunai, I said to replace the shuriken skill with explosive kunai. I didnt go into details because this will most likely not happen.

I'd rather have a hyper-precise shuriken that is easy to aim and does good damage. 500 damage before update 7, now only 350 when maxed. Give it increased momentum and you have a winner. I'm not in favor of bouncing. I remember the Shuriken when it could do 1000 damage on a headshot. With 30% damage upgrade... well... 1300 damage headshots would make short work of ancients.

I'd rather have a hyper-precise shuriken that is easy to aim and does good damage. 500 damage before update 7, now only 350 when maxed. Give it increased momentum and you have a winner. I'm not in favor of bouncing. I remember the Shuriken when it could do 1000 damage on a headshot. With 30% damage upgrade... well... 1300 damage headshots would make short work of ancients.

With that stats that skill will be great but right now I think Ash shuriken is the skill that need to be buffed the most of this warframe I support both ideas bouncing shuriken and the bigger one but I specially support the bigger one shuriken just because it would be incredibly cool xD.

And yes right now I think ash shuriken is useless I meant I know it could be good but requires too much sacrifices for too little advantages that didn’t worth the price.