The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have Some Ideas That Could Possibly Solve A Few Newbie Problems...

Kaisty

Since one of the ideas I have would seem weird and wonky, I thought it would be best to post it here (If it doesn't belong here, would someone please point me to the correct place to put the ideas along with any thoughts on the ideas). I was one of the many / few newbies that was able to get past Eurasia and Lua thanks to both good teams (Eurasia) and a host whos connection bottlenecked it where the lag was in our favor for Lua (i.e. A boss having to take a full minute to notice me shooting them and aim, or three minutes getting up after getting mag pulled.) With that in mind I thought it would be kind of awesome to have certain things only players MR2 and under would possibly experience for those two missions if said missions are not moved to off branches in a future update.

The idea is for the assassins (Stalker, G3, etc.) to have a "tea / sake party" in the middle of the map protected by a barrier, and only MR2 and under are "invited". Now the twist about this party is when either Tenno or AI reach 50%, the barrier drops and they can be attacked by both sides (be it intentional or "splash damage".) The first side to be foolish to attack them will "spill the tea / sake" enrage the group of assassins, and they would join the opposing side for vengance. Now MR2 and under players would see (if they aim in the Assassins directions) their levels being at least 20 or 40+ above the bosses on the map so they would hopefully NOT attack them along with a warning early to NOT ruin the party.

The Assassins would then assist in taking the areas and wiping the floor of the mobs (they can use the consoles to reset the areas back to the tenno side) and if said players are downed they might try to revive them. This would only work for parties that have a majority of players MR2 and under or a player who solos and can't handle it very well. Once a player reaches MR3, they would get a delightful message about the party being moved and how they are not invited anymore since they are starting to be a nuisance to them all. For some, it would be a look at the assassins that would possibly hunt them down and it would also remove the wall that drives many newbies away.

The second idea deals with the rare problem I heard of that could happen with the G3. If a low level player dies by their hands, they might get bolted. Since there is no way for a MR1 and lower to get the items required for the bolt, they are basically done for unless they spend money to buy another warframe and level up till they get to MR2. Instead, have the G3 (or an NPC ally) send the players a free bolter meant for that warframe only. They will keep getting a free bolter that only works for the warframe affected till they have access to the planets required, but only if they were bolted. That way newbies are not "excrement out of luck" if the bug happens.

I have one question about this. how do the assassins get a hold of you on levels if you play solo. And if you are with a team they normally scale to that teams power. Normally you shouldn't be in invasions at a low level or understand that farming bosses gets you stuff that most people learn later. 

I wouldn't know why the forum would show me with 0 posts. I made a post on another Off topic chat and then I made this one.

As for the assassins getting a hold of people if they play solo, it depends on you helping the factions during invasion missions or (in the Stalker's case) how many bosses you kill. Being Pro Corpus during invasion against the Grineer and the Grustrag Three will hunt you down. Likewise Harvester does the same if you are against Corpus. As for Stalker, after killing a boss, you have a random chance of getting death marked by him.

Oh and as for the blueprint for the bolt, the problem with that is that there are a few components a low level player can't get early in game (i.e. Neural Sensors, Neurodes, Oxium, and Morphics) unless they spend money on them or get carried to said levels to gain access to them. Also invasions and infestations do take place on some nodes that lead to the path of other planets, so a low level playing trying to get ahead would either have to wait till after the invasion passed or join up and do the missions to unlock the rest.