Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concept: New Game Mode; Overrun | Possible New Enemies Too

Zenn

Overrun is a form alternate form of Survival, but isn't the same. The objective of Overrun is survive, but a onslaught of hostiles rush your position and they are only focused on one thing, taking you down. This mission type is to come as a Alert or a Operation mission.

The Alternate concept of it is that you have to complete the objective, whether it's Spy, Capture, Exterminate, or Mobile Defense(Never Defense missions), etc., in a given time frame before Grineer, Corpus, or Infested begin to rush you. Something that could happen is on a Grineer or a Corpus mission, Infested begin to pile in on the map, making it more difficult for Corpus or Grineer from taking you would, but also vis versa.

If the 1st concept is in favor, new enemies would have to be implemented. One being a suicide unit, like the exploding Runners everyone is annoyed with if they explode. A Corpus MOA carrying explosives, just to die on getting there would be the same as a exploding Runner. For the Grineer, but a challenge, guess some sort of light armored unit carrying some sort of explosive(I'll like the community elaborate on that for their enjoyment :3 ).

I think the new game mode would be a nice idea and I bet some people would really enjoy a mission that they can either stay and fight endless enemies(ranging from light to heavy units, not order of how they attack) or kill some and then make a mad dash out of there, cause I'm talking about enemies coming from all sides. It's not ideal for Orokin Towers, before someone thinks this, reason, It's the Void, no where near Infested and Grineer and Corpus only travel to the Towers in small enough groups. I would only have it as a Alert or Operation. Also you get a special reward for getting to extraction before the timer runs would. "What's the reward?", I dunno, something that's worth it like a decent amount of hard-to-find materials like maybe 10 Oxium. Has to be elaborated on rewards, no Prime based weapons though, nothing from the Void.

Comment, discuss, and be nice about it. :P

Edited by Zenn