The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Wrist Hurts.

RyojinOrion

Damn Carpal Tunnel Syndrome... Now I have to wear a brace on my wrist/hand while gaming, which interferes with jumpkicking and sliding in Warframe. I fear this will make my time with U13 less enjoyable. Terrible timing.

Oh well, no use worrying about it now. Time to pour another drink.

[size=2](No, there is no real point to this thread. I'm inebriated, don't mind me.)[/size]

From my personal experience....I would stop gaming completely until you recover. No point risking permanent damage for short term fun, you know?

Yes.

Come back after few more hotfixes or so, you will enjoy so much more.

From my personal experience....I would stop gaming completely until you recover. No point risking permanent damage for short term fun, you know?

Yeah, I know I really should... But dammit, I just got my ESO subscription going, and I'll be damned if I let my wrist stop me from enjoying it! Plus, U13 will call me to it either way. :D

actually, i think there is a very good point to this thread

firstly im sorry that you have to suffer CTS, any type of nerve pain is very bad, and hope it resolves soon

im curious was it caused by something else or just lots of pc use+work etc ?

alot of people, thanks to modern technology, live a very sedentary lifestyle which leads to repetitive strain and shortening of muscles etc

part of that lifestyle is all manner of muscular and nervous system dysfunction which affects daily life

tight hip flexors which leads to pelvic tilt and lower back pain and RSI/CTS in the wrists is very common, i wonder how many other players suffer silently with these ailments 

Yeah, I know I really should... But dammit, I just got my ESO subscription going, and I'll be damned if I let my wrist stop me from enjoying it! Plus, U13 will call me to it either way. :D

Just keep in mind that if you do happen to cause some permanent damage that it will come back to bite you in the backside later in life.

An example being if you decide to learn guitar, but you can't because the repetitive motions flare up your old injury that you gave yourself from not letting it heal. (Personal experience)

Is the short term fun really worth the possible long term sacrifices?

I honestly didn't expect a valid conversation to arise from this thread.

I'd also suggest using a controller if you want to continue playing. Just in case. 

Yeah, but it is just so damn hard for me to aim with one... :/

Just keep in mind that if you do happen to cause some permanent damage that it will come back to bite you in the backside later in life.

An example being if you decide to learn guitar, but you can't because the repetitive motions flare up your old injury that you gave yourself from not letting it heal. (Personal experience)

Is the short term fun really worth the possible long term sacrifices?

Totally worth it. :D

But not really. I have stopped nearly all gaming on my pc. I can't quit completely. Gaming is all I really have in my life. (Yes, pathetic, I know.)

Personally i would take a break, from gaming and watch anime, get a wife(s) and or husband(s), Buy a car, and or become a millionaire and them come back to warframe. 

Life in general would be great :D 

Yeah, I like to dream, too.

For a more serious answer... I don't like the majority of anime, I don't like socializing at all, I have no money or a job, nor can I seem to actually get one, and I just made myself sad because I am resigned to living a miserable life.

On a happier note, I'm inebriated!