Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrary Stance Slots Are Arbitrary

Drakontis

So, there's the new Stance Mods. Now, I only have one, so I can't compare, but they seem to have their own slashy picture for a mod polarity.

Only a few weapons ACTUALLY HAVE a Stance polarity in their Stance Slot. 

Others have the usual D, V, and - slots.

And then these weapons, listed below have ABILITY SLOTS where their STANCE SLOT should be.

Dual Ether, Machete Wraith, Dual Ichor, Dual Zoren, Ether Daggers, Ether Reaper, Kama, Machete, Orthos Prime, Prova, Scoliac all have Ability slots in their Stance Slot. 

Yes, I went through every old melee weapon (except Ankyros Prime) and checked. These weapons ALL have an Ability Polarity in the Stance Mod Slot. 

And yes, I already messaged DE Rebecca about it. 

Because her name is actually DESupport.

You have a mod and you're complaining?

I'm not complaining about the mod. The mod has a unique polarity, one that (I assume) is unique to stance mods.

The issue is that the polarity of the slots they go in are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY arbitrary. It's like they just hit the randomize button for each weapon and then moved on without bothering to check. ABILITY POLARITIES? On a weapon? Unless somebody shows me hard proof of there being ability polarities on Stance mods, I'll be a little peeved at this. 

erm.. the staff stance mod has a V polarity so. I think the rare fist one does too (crashing palm?)

If you find anymore, specifically for the above mentioned weapons, let me know? I'd love to see an ABILITY mod stance. 

My Kama has an Ability polarity in its stance slot. Both scythe stances are Tactic. And, when I try to add mods to my Kama, Reaping Spiral doesn't show up as a compatible mod. It's the only stance I've found.

My Kama has an Ability polarity in its stance slot. Both scythe stances are Tactic. And, when I try to add mods to my Kama, Reaping Spiral doesn't show up as a compatible mod. It's the only stance I've found.

I think Kama counts as a sword as far as stances go? I'm not sure. It's not a scythe, though, too small. 

kama fits into the machete class, its too small for the scythe class.

go put it on one of your scythes, and build one if you dont have one, trust me.

Edited by Zoig

See, I don't get why all stances can't have that polarity. It would just make sense to me.

Yeah, that would work, since the Stance is a new content, there should be a new polarity for it... I really don't mind that fact... What I do get my gears grinding (pun intended xD) is that the melee weapons have differente Stance polarities (For some reason that I don't know) when they already are Weapon-Class locked... Why I need to be "Penalized" (" " because you still have the bonus energy but... Only in a really small amount) because I want to put Sinking Talons on my Fang Prime? If they wanted each weapon to have their own Stance why would DE simply made so? By making every weapon with a different combo? Totally useless this Stance polarity... Heck even if DE take out the polarity will be better... No extra 10 energy points for weapon? I can deal with that... Only 5 is good already...

Edited by VelenoHargreaves

Yeah, that would work, since the Stance is a new content, there should be a new polarity for it... I really don't mind that fact... What I do get my gears grinding (pun intended xD) is that the melee weapons have differente Stance polarities (For some reason that I don't know) when they already are Weapon-Class locked... Why I need to be "Penalized" (" " because you still have the bonus energy but... Only in a really small ammount) because I want to put Sinking Talons on my Fang Prime? If they wanted each weapon to have their own Stance why would DE simply made so? By making every weapon with a different combo? Totally useless this Stance polarity... Heck even if DE take out the polarity will be better... No extra 10 energy points for weapon? I can deal with that... Only 5 is good already...

I don't know what the issue with Melee 2.0 stances is. It's so... weird to me. I mean, ability polarities? Really? :/

I don't know what the issue with Melee 2.0 stances is. It's so... weird to me. I mean, ability polarities? Really? :/

Well... Clearly DE already showed to us that they lack at long range game design... Alot of features that they update that "Works" are just weapons, Primes and Farming. Anything beyond this, DE can't put it right... On paper they think it is awesome, they make it sound awesome, but on in-game situation most of their decisions won't work as it should be, and people complain, but 75% of the time they don't care. I'm saying 75% because DE do, sometimes, listen to the community, but as I could see in more them a year playing warframe, DE simply fix the Game-Crashing bugs and some other stuff... Balance? Never heard of it on warframe, just look at the ridicolous amounts of Powercreeps that every Major Update brings... I can tell some: Galantine when it was released, Ogris, Penta, Synapse, Soma... And now Dragon Nikana with it's ridicolous amount of 72 Slash Damage...

DE only do stuff that seems to be thought only for short-range potential, untill they can release the next weapon or powercreep to people waste Platinum on it, since most of people are done with farming/grinding...

Melee 2.0: Again, nice on paper, DE Hyped the S#&$ out of it, but when it is finally released what happens? As in any Major Update since Mod System 2.0, hours and hours of uncertain farming and grinding, since DE RNG/Drop Table was never fully thought at long range (Because they didn't needed or simply didn't care to waste effort trying to work on something that didn't depends on RNG and LUCK). Lack of conscius game Design? Better put, Lack on Long Range Game Design... On the start it wasn't massive because there weren't so many things to do on Warframe... But now there is TONS and TONS of content that DE keeps adding without any thought on previous one. People are already on the state in-game that they just wait for the next reinforcement, get the weapon, level it up to 30 and sell it if it isn't a powercreep that can "One-Hit-KO" Level 100+ enemies... This is what Warframe has become...

This is a rant... Yes, a rant of a Hunter Founder that saw many potential on Warframe early years, who saw Warframe go to "A Really awesome game that can get DE to be BIG", to "It feels like another Korean Farm Game"... A quote that I heard from many people that I invited to play Warframe... Sad but true. The game is not Dead, not saying that by a Mile... But DE is almost finishing to Dig their graves on Warframe... I'm seeing another Gunz: The Duel situation happening... When only a Small Veteran part of players who has everthing on game that continues to play because "They are the kings" while the game simply dies for the lack of new players... This can happen not tomorrow or in some months, but if this train don't change it's course... In some years Warframe might not be even remembered... That's my fear... To see a game that I thought so much good things that could come out of it to fade away because of some things that are game-breaking and it is there since it's release and there is no interest in fixing it.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by VelenoHargreaves

You understand the point of the different polarities, right? It's so that you have a reason to use different weapons for different styles. The Orthos Prime goes well with Shimmering Blight, while the regular Orthos works well with Bleeding Willow.

It's not penalizing you. It's incentivizing you to take weapons you normally wouldn't so that you can take full advantage of your stance.

Edited by Gronframe

You understand the point of the different polarities, right? It's so that you have a reason to use different weapons for different styles. The Orthos Prime goes well with Shimmering Blight, while the regular Orthos works well with Bleeding Willow.

It's not penalizing you. It's incentivizing you to take weapons you normally wouldn't so that you can take full advantage of your stance.

No one said it is penalizing... We said "You still get the bonus but it is less". What is the difference between using Orthos and Orthos Prime? Skana or Skana Prime? Stats... It is and always will be the same weapon with more damage... And a re-skin... There is no reason why DE to do something like that, because it is utterly useless! No one will feel intimidated on doing that (using a "Aura/Stance" mod in the wrong polarity). People don't give a damn about using or not, we are only arguing that it was a idiotic move on DE, because if I want to use my Sinking Talons on my Fang Prime (as I'm using) I will no matter what... If they want to provide "Combo diversity" why didn't they done one unique combo for each weapon when the right Stance (Matching polarity) is equipped? As again... There is so many ways that DE can work things around, but rather them using half-brain to work something new they simply slap some old stuff with makeup (Talking about polarity here nor melee 2.0) to look different.

It's not about intimidation, You get a better bonus from one weapon, so you can use it with that stance instead of another. Or, you forma it and change it. Your argument is the same as arguing against aura slots.

See, I have NO problem with Aura polarities. You know why? THEY. MAKE. SENSE.

The tactical ones are tactical. Energy Siphon, Corrosive Projection, Ammo Scavengers. Those make sense.

The defensive ones are defensive. Rejuvination, Physique, Infested Impedance. Again, those make sense.

The offensive ones are offensive. Rifle Amp, Steel Charge, Dead Eye. Again, makes sense. 

Some of the polarities on the Stance mods DON'T MAKE SENSE. Ability slots for the stance mods just do not make sense to me. That is completely arbitrary, completely without reason except "Hit the random button, whatever happens, happens." And that's what it feels like. I don't have enough stance mods and haven't played with enough to say for certain whether any with defensive polarities are particularly defensive or tactical polarities are tactical or offensive polarities are offensive. And then there's the brand new polarity. I do not see why they don't all have this new polarity because THAT makes sense to me. If you're going to slap on a new polarity, why not use it for the whole set? There's literally no reason not to do that. 

That's just the names of the slots, not the idea behind the slots. Why wouldn't you want energy siphon on a frame like Trinity? Or a frame like Rhino? Or a frame like(insert any frame)? The polarities on auras exist so that you are encouraged to not run the same aura no matter what frame you run. If you want to, either accept the smaller benefit or forma it. Guess what? People mostly run Energy Syphon too, the same as stuffing a stance in a slot it doesn't fit.

You're lit arguing about names of things. Weapon types that have lots of weapons within them have 2 stances and the slots are divvied up within them. It works best in polearms, hammers, heavy swords and staves, where there's either literally or basically one stance per weapon. It'd be better with more stances and I certainly hope they keep adding more, but the idea behind the stance polarities is the same as aura polarities; encourage you to use a different weapon than you normally would to gain the full benefit of the stance.