The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Love The Update But....

Babce

All slash and no charge. I killed one with unranked (no element) Ankyros (took a minute though).

Channel your hit silly biscuits.

This I didn't know.

And I'm sure a lot of others don't know it either...

Only got to fight 2 of them before work this morning but still glad I don't have to figure it out for myself.

Thanks for the heads up!

This I didn't know.

And I'm sure a lot of others don't know it either...

Only got to fight 2 of them before work this morning but still glad I don't have to figure it out for myself.

Thanks for the heads up!

Bring energy restore if it's a low level weapon. They can take a pounding.

-snip-

I mention Ichors because, surprise surprise, that's what the OP was using.

Single-element loadouts are largely inefficient not only due to missing out on the combined elemental effects, but also because there are very few weapons that scale well with mods other than straight +damage. That further locks players into a small handful of weapons that they might not enjoy. Bows, for instance, scale well with crit mods but aren't everyone's cup of tea.

Some people play solo because of the notorious NAT issues that the game has, or because they have slow lines. It isn't always a choice.

I really hope that you're right in that these prosecutors are only part of an event, and not a planned addition to Ceres. The biggest issue that I have is that they're really poorly designed as regular enemies. The grindwall that's been set up for Hek, though, indicates that either they're planned to be a long-haul addition or DE seriously underestimated how long it would take to get the required transponders.

thats what im saying the ability to play this melee only is a 1/4 chance of passing the mission its all im saying that this is bugging me since it was said that we can finish melee only missions im just saying im ot mad at DE just pointing out that an alternative would be nice to killing these guys with melee (wrong elemental)

The alternative to taking melee only is have a team.

The alternative to not having a team is to equip all the damage types.

You are asking for a "cake and eat it" solution

Reaaally sounds like you're trying your absolute best to do things your way without any regard to the actual challenge that's supposed to be had while fighting these enemies.

You don't want to make a team and are worried PuGs won't have the right elements. Then Solo!

You're worried your ichors (that you constantly bring up) and other elemental-type weapons won't be viable. Then use another weapon!

This can be -VERY- easily soloed. The only people that would have a hard time are newcomers who might not have multiple elemental mods for each weapon type.

Put Fire on your Primary!

Put Electrical on your Secondary!

Keep your beloved Ichors Toxic!

Put Ice on your Sentinel's weapon!

Bam!

And arguing that this set up would be "inefficient" is dumb. ALL Grineer are weak against Fire and Ferrite Armor'd Grineer (Lancers, Troopers, Seekers, Heavies, and Commanders) are weak against Toxin. Just buff up damage, reload speed, crit rate, etc depending on what weapon your using. You don't -have- to always mix elements.

"But what if someone doesn't have Toxin" you ask. "Toxin's the rarest mod for all weapons. What if a player doesn't have the mod and aren't in a clan to get a toxic based weapon?" Then they have a 3 out of 4 chance, then. Or they can suck it up and go to the recruitment channel. This is an event - it's not mandatory and there is no obligation for you to complete it. If you want Hydroid that badly, then you'll do what needs to be done. Do you really think people in other games of this calibre would sit there and whine about needing to a join a group for hard quests/missions/raids? No. They might normally be solo players, but if they want the reward, they do what needs to be done.

Couldn't you just as easily put Toxic, Fire, Cold, and Lightning on your melee weapon and tear through it all?  Yes they would combine for 2 of the 6 combined elements (gas, radiation, corrosive, blast, magnetic,or viral) but still. Just curious here. I haven't been able to play this part yet as I had to leave for work.

Edited by Stonehenge17

SoulEchelon, on 10 Apr 2014 - 1:40 PM, said:

Reaaally sounds like you're trying your absolute best to do things your way without any regard to the actual challenge that's supposed to be had while fighting these enemies.

You don't want to make a team and are worried PuGs won't have the right elements. Then Solo!

You're worried your ichors (that you constantly bring up) and other elemental-type weapons won't be viable. Then use another weapon!

This can be -VERY- easily soloed. The only people that would have a hard time are newcomers who might not have multiple elemental mods for each weapon type.

Put Fire on your Primary!

Put Electrical on your Secondary!

Keep your beloved Ichors Toxic!

Put Ice on your Sentinel's weapon!

Bam!

And arguing that this set up would be "inefficient" is dumb. ALL Grineer are weak against Fire and Ferrite Armor'd Grineer (Lancers, Troopers, Seekers, Heavies, and Commanders) are weak against Toxin. Just buff up damage, reload speed, crit rate, etc depending on what weapon your using. You don't -have- to always mix elements.

"But what if someone doesn't have Toxin" you ask. "Toxin's the rarest mod for all weapons. What if a player doesn't have the mod and aren't in a clan to get a toxic based weapon?" Then they have a 3 out of 4 chance, then. Or they can suck it up and go to the recruitment channel. This is an event - it's not mandatory and there is no obligation for you to complete it. If you want Hydroid that badly, then you'll do what needs to be done. Do you really think people in other games of this calibre would sit there and whine about needing to a join a group for hard quests/missions/raids? No. They might normally be solo players, but if they want the reward, they do what needs to be done.

I have to agree with this.

I am in quite a large clan, but star map stuff is solo or PUGs.

If I want anything specific I have a buddy over in the states that I regularly run with and we will invite others to join things like this.

It seems too many people just come up against an obstacle or challenge, throw their arms up in the air and say it cant be done or want someone to either do it for them or make it easier.

Edited by atpbx1