Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help On Selecting A Melee Weapon And How To Farm Blueprints For Orokin Reactor/catalyst

touchmyoldsnake

Question

I play a Loki, and am unsure if I should go for a melee weapon and spam heavy attacks, or get swords and go straight attack speed. I have a couple more mods for charge swings than speed, but I have enough for attack speed to hold me over for now.

Also, as for the blueprints for the orokin reactor/catalysts; will I get more alert missions if I unlock more missions in all the regions or just in the high level areas?

2 answers to this question

Right now, Charge Damage is where it's at. Crit builds are a little wonky unless you're a Loki (and to an extent, a rather limited one sadly, Ash) and Melee damage simply doesn't deal enough damage to be worth it.

I suggest going for a Gram or Scindo, being that Gram has a higher base swing speed (fire rate) and the Scindo has a greater range. Both deal 200 base Charge damage. Modded with a maxed out Charge Damage mod (150%) in conjunction with Elementals, that does.. a lot. Especially to Infested. Same could be reversed for the Fragor against Grineer.

Assuming you do go for Charge Damage (heavy attacks) I suggest prioritizing this: Charge Speed + Fire Rate to a level you're comfortable with, Charge Damage, Armor Piercing, Freeze, Crit Damage (Loki + Invis = 100% Melee crits for duration, 12 seconds at max Invis), and Fire (Infested).

No, you don't get more Alerts the farther you go. Although, having more missions unlocked just means that you won't have to beg for an invite when the Alert is on a planet/mission you haven't unlocked.

I play a Loki, and am unsure if I should go for a melee weapon and spam heavy attacks, or get swords and go straight attack speed. I have a couple more mods for charge swings than speed, but I have enough for attack speed to hold me over for now.

Im also playing as Loki and i have a scindo which deals awesome dmg against infested if u are farming there for mats (Earth > Oro for rubedos) and it compliments well with Loki's decoy+invi combo so for scindo like what WupwupTCR mentioned, go for charge dmg + charge spd with ele (fire for infested, electric for corpus) and some AP will do wonders against ancients or moas.

if u put a potato in it u can also add in extra ele and crits to boost its dmg during invi.

*Tips: put freeze ele in it and do a jump attack on a grp of enemies and see them all falling down slowly den take out yr gun and blast away or charge up an attack while they are slowly getting up to kill them off :D