Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop Rates Depending On Average Conclave Rating Of The Cell

dadaddadada

Everyone is complaining about RNG. RNG here, RNG there...

Is Warframe supposed to be based on RNG? FINE.

Is Warframe supposed to keep the current mod/drop rate system? FINE.

But lets make things smarter.

Lets take as acquired that you shall be awarded for your effort. The more effort, the better rewards.

FINE.

Check this out. Rarest drops shall be inversely dependent on the average conclave level of the team (currently equipped warframes+weapons+sentinels). Less conclave rating means better chance to drop rare drops/parts/resources.

Have you ever tried to do a T3 exterminate... without mods on your weapons and frames? Its hard. VERY hard. You should be rewarded for that, Tenno.

Think as this as a default drop table:

Common item A: 70%

Uncommon item B: 20%

Rare item C: 10%

Now, if this system was implemented, decreasing the average conclave of the team will lead more and more to an inversion of the above table:

Common item A: 10%

Uncommon item B: 20%

Rare item C: 70%

So, there will still be a RNG factor. But now the battle against the RNG is more fair:

You employ more skills to fight an harder battle, and rely less on sheer firepower, you have an higher chance to get better drops.

As easy as that.

The advantages are obvious...

... unlike your shiny C50 maxed Serration...which is suddenly no more an obvious choice :P

With a tweak like this, the mod system as it is right now will really shine, as builds would expand on utility rather than ZOMG MOAR DAMAGE!!1!

Experience points may be adjusted too.

If you kill a lvl30 grineer Lancer with an unmodded Lato, you deserve more xp points than killing it with a 4-forma'd 900 per-hit Soma.

Don't want the XP system to be changed? FINE. make that one lvl30 Lancer killed with the Lato more likely to drop rare mods/resources/credits.

If you successfully completed a 20-mins T3 Survival with unmodded Excalibur, Braton, Lato, Skana...

You DESERVE the Rhino Prime Chassis. And a medal.

Final notes.

Because of the supermassive amount of new builds that will born with this system, the mod management/equipping should be made more intuitive and quick to use. Also, A/B/C/Z loadouts are not enough in number.

I am a fan of the "smarter=harder" type of AI. Which means basically that fighting an high level mob doesn't always imply strictly more damage absorbed or more buffed weapon damage. One can also play with enemy speed, the ability to jump-roll quickly from cover to cover leaving only a few moments for the player to take a aim. A lvl100 grineer lancer should be extremely difficult even to AIM at instead of just being a still bulletsponge.

I'm saying this because in theory if you are skilled enough to headshot lvl100 enemies, even with the humble lato you gotta have a chance to kill said lvl100 enemy (probably exagerating a little here, but hey :p).

I know, we are supposed to be the ninjas of the situation and we are fighting against normal soldiers. But it would be more fun and overall will require more skills to take down a low-armored enemy but that keeps jumping/sliding/wallrunning like a frog.

At least at high levels! I'm ok that at low levels enemies are pretty dumb and slow, but there is no excuse for high level missions.

^^^ the above may seem unrelated, but with more people rocking low-conclave builds the bulletspongyness of the enemies shall be better calibrated and traded with different perks, like enemy speed/agility as said above.

The idea is good but ask yourself:

Do you think DE wants to increase our chances for the drops we want when they release 27 new MODs to dillute the table even more?

As I said, the idea has merits, but will not see future in the current design pattern.

wouldn't work out, everyone would pack one good weapon, no sentinel and the team could abuse blessing build with just 1 modded trinity... not hard to finish a t3 ext mission with a team below 1000 conclave points that way

4 things:

1) in your random daily Online encounter this condition never happens

2) your team must be carefully crafted

3) actual Coop happens up there ^^^

4) you are implying the absolute absence of anti abuse systems and that one trinity may suck up su much conclave to turn the rates against you.

So as we get more powerful we should not be rewarded?

Define "powerful".

Is powerful=more skilled? Is powerful=6-formad penta?

If you insist in using op weaponry your rewarding shall begin on higher level, where low-conclave weaponry doesn't suffice and stuff gets more difficult. Just as now.

The idea is good but ask yourself:

Do you think DE wants to increase our chances for the drops we want when they release 27 new MODs to dillute the table even more?

As I said, the idea has merits, but will not see future in the current design pattern.

Welp, not sure exactly what you mean but the "table inversion" explained above scales nicely with more drops. Even if an enemy has a drop table consisting of 100 items, ordered by rarity, the gradual inversion of the statistical rates while keeping the 100% sum shall be fair enough. As long as you will get a bigger chance on the rarest mods, even if there are 50 of them, its still fair enough.

wouldn't work out, everyone would pack one good weapon, no sentinel and the team could abuse blessing build with just 1 modded trinity... not hard to finish a t3 ext mission with a team below 1000 conclave points that way

This except I would go Loki and abuse the channelling system.

Welp, not sure exactly what you mean but the "table inversion" explained above scales nicely with more drops. Even if an enemy has a drop table consisting of 100 items, ordered by rarity, the gradual inversion of the statistical rates while keeping the 100% sum shall be fair enough. As long as you will get a bigger chance on the rarest mods, even if there are 50 of them, its still fair enough.

The problem is that drops are weighted. If a Common and a Rare share a 1% drop rate (just as an example), the system makes it so that the Common is picked more often. 

The problem is that drops are weighted. If a Common and a Rare share a 1% drop rate (just as an example), the system makes it so that the Common is picked more often. 

If a Common and a Rare share a 1% drop rate... there is a problem... that needs to be solved ASAP u.u

If a Common and a Rare share a 1% drop rate... there is a problem... that needs to be solved ASAP u.u

*le sigh* Commons and Rares do not share drop rates, it was just an example... All I am saying is that DE reads Orwell and takes from it: All Rares are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Edited by Dogoframe

*le sigh* Commons and Rares do not share drop rates, it was just an example... All I am saying is that DE reads Orwell and takes from it: All Rares are equal, but some are more equal than others.

... and you cant take a joke :3

You know what? FINE. If some rares should be rarer than other rares let them be. Assign them slightly different drop rates. This will only make the system work better.

Your language is quite obscure so I'm having troubles understanding your point.

... and you cant take a joke :3

You know what? FINE. If some rares should be rarer than other rares let them be. Assign them slightly different drop rates. This will only make the system work better.

Your language is quite obscure so I'm having troubles understanding your point.

Some of the features in the update did make me less prone to taking jokes, apologies.

As for obscure language, I will now take it as a joke. But it is a quote from George Orwell's Animal Farm. In Warframe it means that we have Common, Uncommon and Rare MODs, but Common MODs dont share the same drop rate, nor do Rares. So while X MOD and Y MOD are both Rares, X has a 70% chance to be picked if the drop roll confirmed Rare status, making Y MOD that much harder to obtain. You first must beat RNG to get the mob you killed to drop something, then beat it again so that the drop was rolled as Rare, then beat it again so that the Rare MOD is the one you need/are looking for. Hence the Warframe mechanic called Grindception.

I think it's brilliant.

Getting rewarded for actually playing the game as much as, if not more than, Rhino-stomping through high-level content would be awesome.

Be aware that if you rank up too much that Rhino stomp you will waste 120 conclave points :p

Excuse me, have you ever tried to hold off the Orokin Horde from the mobi defense/defense objectives with no skills, and unmodded weapons against enemies with armor?

I can't see this ever working.

Yes I did try. I soloed a T1 MD with exc, braton, aklex and cronus. no sentinel. the only mods i used were the slash dash ability and rifle scavenger aura. Being in 4 its even easier. In 4 with only an ability per player you can do T3EXT/CAP missions. I tried that too.

Also, low-conclave =/= totally unmodded weapons, in case you didn't get that.

It's definitely harder. You may die a couple of times more than usual, but if you master the mechanics of the game you will find yourself doing T3 survivals in less than 200 conclave (just saying).

Edited by dadaddadada