Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework Party Exfiltration To Prevent Speed Running.

__Kanade__

I'm tired of players speed running through every single mission, they pass any an all mods they see, they don't bother opening up lockers for extra credits and possible material drops or open canisters and crates for that little bit of extra affinity or possible material drops and won't even bother exploring other areas of the map.

Even when we start a mission, I will head off in the other direction and explore as much as I can as fast as I can to try an get those extra credits and materials and possibly enemies who could potentially drop mods. But on the larger missions like Raids and Rescue's or the ground map, they'res just so much more to explore, areas that are big enough to be a mission all their own.

Average mission time is around 5 minutes due to speed runners, what I suggest is when one player reaches the exit, a prompt shows up asking if you accept or decline to exit with the player(s) much like how it is with defense missions where the player can decide if they want to stay or go, If they don't want that little bit of extra affinity, credits, materials, or mod drops, then they can leave, but what about players like me who try to explore as much as they can before the 1 minute timer is up?

They're ruining my chance of getting extra items cause all they care about is finishing the mission. Materials and resources are more important to me then finishing the missions as fast as possible, this isn't a race, though with speed runners vs. me trying to explore as much as I can tends to head down that direction which I don't like.

It's no wonder so many are complaining that they aren't finding mods or enough mods, they don't explore the maps to the fullest, every area that isn't linked to the objective will always have extra enemies for those possible mod/material drops.

Edited by __Kanade__

I'm tired of players speed running through every single mission, they pass any an all mods they see, they don't bother opening up lockers for extra credits and possible material drops or open canisters and crates for that little bit of extra affinity or possible material drops and won't even bother exploring other areas of the map.

Even when we start a mission, I will head off in the other direction and explore as much as I can as fast as I can to try an get those extra credits and materials and possibly enemies who could potentially drop mods. But on the larger missions like Raids and Rescue's or the ground map, they'res just so much more to explore, areas that are big enough to be a mission all their own.

Average mission time is around 5 minutes due to speed runners, what I suggest is when one player reaches the exit, a prompt shows up asking if you accept or decline to exit with the player(s) much like how it is with defense missions where the player can decide if they want to stay or go, If they don't want that little bit of extra affinity, credits, materials, or mod drops, then they can leave, but what about players like me who try to explore as much as they can before the 1 minute timer is up?

They're ruining my chance of getting extra items cause all they care about is finishing the mission. Materials and resources are more important to me then finishing the missions as fast as possible, this isn't a race, though with speed runners vs. me trying to explore as much as I can tends to head down that direction which I don't like.

It's no wonder so many are complaining that they aren't finding mods or enough mods, they don't explore the maps to the fullest, every area that isn't linked to the objective will always have extra enemies for those possible mod/material drops.

Okay, I see where your coming from, but that's to be expected if you group with random people. I would also argue that starting a new mission or going right back in would let you continue to net resources PLUS picking up whatever rewards the mission has to offer.

Okay, I see where your coming from, but that's to be expected if you group with random people. I would also argue that starting a new mission or going right back in would let you continue to net resources PLUS picking up whatever rewards the mission has to offer.

This is my opinion as well, and likely the reason that speed running appeared in the first place. Though I don't generally rush quite as fast as many people do, the basic concept still holds true. Any enemy you kill has the same chance of dropping mods, doesn't matter if they're on the way to the objective or in the opposite direction. Killing all enemies in a mission doesn't usually have any benefits. Therefore, if what you're looking for is pure loot efficiency, speed running (while making sure to collect whatever loot does drop on the way) is definitely the best way to go.

That said, I can also understand the desire to explore, and I know a lot of people like to take completionist views towards levels and such. I also don't think this feature would be a negative thing in any way, so hopefully they'll add it in order to accomodate more playing styles.

The issue for me comes from the fact that if you're not at the extraction point when the timer is up you don't get the mission rewards. If some one wants to put on their speed pants and rush to the end that's okay but don't punish me when I'm still fighting my way there. It's just bad game design to punish players for not rushing.

An idea that I've suggested is to not make the timer start until at least 2 people are at the extraction zone. That way speedy pants can rush to his hearts content but his impatience won't invalidate other peoples time if they aren't ready to leave yet.

Another option to this is to have a delay on the exit timer to prevent abuse in the other direction. Once a person gets there the timer doesn't start for 1-2 minutes and will instantly start when 2 people are there.

Of course, they probably don't give rewards in this situation to deter afkers but that does not seem like the best solution. A timeout timer to kick idle people or votekick would be better. I like the idea to auto kick people after they've been afk for a few minutes personally.

Edited by f3llyn

Maybe a quick and easy...well easiest in my mind at least, is having a search function/join function that works in conjuction with a setting of a squad. If a squad's "setting" is "Explore" the join function will match these people up and then they can go do as they please from there. The same is possible for those looking for the setting of "speed."

Such should effectively group people based on what they want which may just lead to them adding them as friends and maybe a guild/clan. This in no means necessary mean they get rid of the already effective point and click mission/planet way to join or start a mission. This is all just simply another means of grouping like minded players before choosing a mission.

Stop playing with PUG's, either play with friends or find like minded people on the forums or via ingame chat, that is kind of the reason they added it or if it comes down to it you could just run solo it isn't that difficult.

I may have a much more durable frame to farm Ceres and up, but it's still not enough to do any use soloing, which is what I prefer to do. I still get one-shotted somehow when I try to solo or group up for Ceres, anything below Ceres, I can/will solo without a problem. And the ppl on my FL are never on, and many other players don't use the GC. It's just a long list of players who don't talk.

Other then that, exploring yeilds you more affinity, XP, credits, possible material/mod drops, speed running doesn't. Along with the nice little bonus you get at the end for reaching the exit after finishing a mission, another thing I never get cause I'm still trying to explore the map while speed runners just sit at the exit.

Speed Runners will look at the map as completely linear when all they do is just follow the objective whereas exploring branches out, making the map that much bigger and that much more potential for finding extra resources.

Edited by __Kanade__