Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still Low Fps In The Void, And Low Gpu Usage In Majority Of Game U13

MetalGriff

I have looked and looked and looked everywhere to see if this issue was strictly on my computer. I re installed drivers, re installed the os, I even bought new ram and a new SSD which warframe is on I even got my computer looked at by several professional technicians, and still, I get this performance drop on almost every map, even more pronounced in the void.

With the many people having issues with low gpu utilization in the void and overall bad performance, I read, that the Devs were releasing some fixes for this in Update 13. I was excited seeing as how dropping to 20 frames per second from 100 was preventing me from enjoying one of my favorite games.

This update comes out, and I have seen 0 improvements on these issues, and people are actually getting worse performance from some of the other topics on this section I have read.

This is ridiculous. My machine should not be getting this sort of performance, nor should anyones be having the performance issues that have been arising patch after patch after patch as these issues only get worse with each addition of content. Please devs, I can handle not getting a new warframe or weapon, or prime. Just for the love of god fix these issues. Other games I have little to no issue in, why is this game always the one to give me these sort of issues...

If anyone has a fix for this or if im just in the same boat as everyone please tell me.. I have rolled back drivers tried out the new beta drivers... everything and nothing allows me to get the performance I need.

System Specs:

i5 3450 3.1ghz oced to 3.5ghz

EVGA GTX 670 2gb OC (+112mhz, +200 Memory clock)

650 Watt NZXT PSU

2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz ddr3 Ram

ASROCK B75M Motherboard

120gb 840 EVO Samsung SSD

WD CAvier Green 1.5TB HDD

Hi MetalGriff,

What you experience is pretty much what A LOT of users experience, there's been a lot of prodding into the causes and fixes for the FPS drops and the bad performance but no one actually was able to find exactly why (imo the optimizations aren't good... if there are any), DE_Steve mentioned that some performance issues were going to be solved but as you and many already know this last big release actually brought a lot more issues so you did well in creating a ticket, just to humor them... try creating a different ticket putting screenshots of in-game fps and the EE.log with the latest drivers.

I just did the same as you did creating a ticket and such since I've experienced this issues ever since U12 came out, but in all honestly I don't expect a miracle fix, not now, tomorrow or even the next two weeks... guess we shouldn't press on them too much since we'd just get frustrated lol.

Oh yeah, about the many hotfixes we've had (and will continue to have unless they do what's called an Emergency release) that's because they put a new gameplay, new mods, changed a lot of things and there's also the Dark Sectors, that's bound to bring hotfixes on the current new things that are like a hot potato right now... so the regular, everysecond issues that we have such as the low fps, fps drops, bad perf and such will be left for later.

Anyways if you have the time and want to try possible fixes... just google "warframe U12/13 - warframe FPS fix - warframe bad performance/FPS" and you'll have some reading and advices from guys that tried A LOT of stuff.

Hope you have success in making the game work good for ya!

I'm fps has been halves since the release of u13. I used to play the game on uncapped fps on the best settings without a hitch, but since u13 I can't even use the lowest settings and get past 35fps, it's very peculiar. (I also did a mass update to all drivers and the entire comp system in the weeks previous, all my other games play smoother)

I have open a ticket for half a month before, and until now they just keep pointing out your PC problem and ask you to keep testing everything.

Verify and defrag cache, update latest driver, run chkdsk, run memory test, disable non-windows services, your system has been infected and ask you to perform fullscan...etc. Even I do a clean install, they can point out your the problem could be the anti-virus, please uninstall it and test LOL.

On the performance problem, ticket is useless on solving the problem, it was just some kind of reminder for them to speedup the update fix, although you need to have patent to crash numerous times a day.

Edited by NineS_KO

Low GPU use is great btw meaning you can go higher resolutions/details - rubber banding in the framerate is bad.

Still think there is something wrong in streaming ( memory -> GPU ) as a lot crashes happen out of the blue.

Feels like the engine tries to access an address that does not exist or is simply out of range.

Edited by ioeshepard