Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burston

veryalien

Question

I'm regretting ever buying the Burston. I used the starter rifle and leveled it to 30. Served me well. Considering getting the normal Braton now.

One question about the Burston. Would Increase fire rate make it behave more like an automatic rifle?

3 answers to this question

Alternatively you could forego the Braton altogether and pick up a Shotgun instead. Strun, specifically. Why? As of now, Rifles are the weakest weapons in Warframe compared to Shotguns, Pistols, and Melee weapons (eeyup. Pistols are where it's at). The mods just aren't as good compared to Shotguns at an equal level (ie Lv3 Fire damage on a Rifle is 30%, Lv3 Fire damage on a Shotgun is 45%; max MS is 60% and 120% respectively) and the Shotguns' spreads have been narrowed significantly (Hek is now better than a Snipetron at sniping. No really, you can actually snipe with a Hek and do very good damage with it. Strun not so much, but you still can). The main kicker is mods though.

If you're really sold on using Rifles though, I suggest sticking it through with your Burston until you can farm up materials for a Boltor. If you really want to use a Rifle, Boltor would be the best.

It depends a lot on playstyle. I grew fond of my Burston (lvl 28 now). It fits my guerrila warfare tactics (played it as a Mag up to lvl 28, then switched to a Nyx), damage is reliable and clip size is plenty. With electricity & fire mods it does a great job (no luck with ice mods for it yet). It has fine accuracy for long range sniping, and while not as powerful as other rifles, it servers a role for a playstyle that doesn't rely on 1 shot KO's or spray em' to death.

But as it stands yes, pistols feel more powerful, melee weapons - where you can use them - as well deliver more damage.

Am disapointed with snipetron - would have been my go to gun for my Nyx, but due to the map layout on most levels (except maybe defense missions) you really don't get many chances to snipe - especially when playing with groups since peeps just rush ahead and is not the long range mobs you have to worry about, but close quarter ones which they skip ^^