Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Watching Your Shield/health In The Heat Of Battle

Iyunzusto

.. the numbers at the top right of the screen are too far removed from the action, so to check out my status I have to look up there, which means I'm not looking at the fight.

As for a solution.. personally I hate those reticle bars you see on console games, because well, they're so common on console games. But given the style and panache with which you guys have executed everything else, I'm sure you'll think of something.

In a nutshell - we need to know our remaining shield and health at all times, even when trying to take down 3 cyber clowns and a circus ringleader, without taking time out to stare at the top corner of our screen.

The Halo bar went half way there, but it's been done to death!

i think a creative use of a blue outline on the left and a red outline on the right side of a smooth looking targeting reticule in the middle of the screen could give fellow Tenno a visual cue that their shields/hp are dipping dangerously low

it could be largely transluscent and pretty faint and still get the point across, all you'd really need is to see the bars (shaped more like parentheses) dipping to know that you're in danger

of course id just like to see the targeting reticule get some luv anyways, ie different for each weapon (maybe even different style for each frame)

honestly we've already got visual representations by our shields and the red pulse all over the frame when we're out of shields