Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Impressions (Dear Devs)

LaoTzu

First of all, thank you for making such a great looking game, with lots of potential (Space Ninjas! sweeeeeeeeeet!)

Anyway, I've played a little bit of the Warframe open beta (advertised by Steam). I just wanted to point out a few things that I thought were important:

- Lack of a comprehensive tutorial (so many mechanics unexplained);

- AI spawns too randomly (many moments where AI spawn in behind me, or flanks too effectively);

- AI awareness seems too high (maybe I'm just a sook);

- Melee system needs work (plenty of instances where a single knockdown means death, lack of meaningful melee play i.e. too much "spam 'e' to kill", see how Chivalry Medieval Warfare handles its melee, even a simple parry/counter button would improve the fun factor);

- Stealth is a cool idea but doesn't seem to be implemented effectively (possibly due to lack of a tutorial, map design barely supports it, not enough game mechanics to support it i.e. can't turn off alarms or lights, no stealth kills);

- Laser doors, I think theres enough threads on that;

- Remove pay to revive (I know you want to make money, but really? Instead of paying I'm far more likely to spend less time playing your cool game);

- In game UI needs to display more team based information;

- In game HUD is under utilised (why not have an on screen waypoint showing the target, rather than a tiny blip on the minimap, why is it so difficult to read player names in game?);

- Teaming up with friends, so far, has been difficult and vague (Can't easily tell if they are in my party or not);

- Maps are too repetitive early on;

- Map objectives seem frivolous (All missions seem to be "Kill moving targets");

- Perhaps introduce a friendly fire option (Combat is too easy without it, see how Left 4 Dead handles its FF);

- In game Inventory seems hard to use (perhaps introduce hotkeys, if not already there).

- Stage selection is confusing (Am I waiting for more players? Am I waiting for someone to vote? Why should I play this map instead of the other i.e. why am I given a choice between maps?)

I understand that this is still just an open beta, so I'm sure a lot of this will have already been worked on and will be fleshed out.

I think that if you were to address even some of these issues, the end product will be better for it.

Cheers for the cool F2P in the meantime!

honestly, even though you just bulletpointed

you pretty much hit most of the high notes

I expect that much of this is on a whiteboard somewhere in the DE offices

but I hope they see your post, i'm sure most of the Tenno ranks would agree that they would like to see all these issues addressed before the end of beta