The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Valkyr - Hysteria No Longer Scales Off Melee Or Power Strength

Einsig_SV

Hysteria has stopped inheriting damage from equipped melee weapons, and power strength mods seem to have no effect.

The only stats that appear to carry over are crit and crit damage, and this may just be wishful thinking on my part. Hysteria does not benefit from channeling mods on your melee weapon, either.

Edited by Ion_Sig

Just here to reinforce the claim.

Prior to U13, the damage expression of Hysteria's attacks was 300 + 1.75 x weapon damage based on observations. Power strength affected the 1.75x multiplier, and melee damage mods such as Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, and Steel Charge contributed to the weapon damage. Hysteria's critical damage was the same as your equipped melee weapon. Total damage was evenly distributed between impact, puncture, and slash. In the link I shared, I was using Dual Zoren with 15 base damage, Pressure Point, and Spoiled Strike: [ 300 + 1.75 x 15 x ( 1 + 1 + 1.2 ) ] x ( 3.25 / 3 ) = 416.

With U13, the damage expression for most attacks is a constant 300. There is no dependence on power strength or melee weapon damage, although your weapon's critical damage is still used. Against runners that's 300 x ( 3.25 / 3 ) = 325, as seen in the image. These attacks now seem to have their own melee counter (although it's not displayed). After about four hits, the base damage increases by 1.5x: 325 x 1.5 = 487. After about twelve hits, the base damage increases by 2.0x: 325 x 2 = 650.

No matter how many times I hit enemies within Hysteria's duration, I have not been able to go beyond 2.0x damage unless I channel. I'm not noticing channeling mods having any affect on the damage, so that's a maximum 2.5x melee multiplier : 325 x 2.5 = 812.

Ground finishers and jump attacks still use the pre-U13 damage formula. Using the Jat Kittag with 80 base damage, Intensify, and the three melee mods: 300 + 1.3 x 1.75 x 80 x ( 1 + 1 + 1.2 + 0.6 ) = 991 damage for the ground finisher, and 991 x ( 3.35 / 3 ) = 1106 for the jump attack. Stealth executions now deal a constant 10 base damage, affected by the 4x stealth multiplier. Both ground finishers and stealth executions bypass armor.

Finally, the attack rate has been increased, but now each attack drains stamina.

Considering that none of this was in the patch notes, and that it was stated Hysteria would get its Melee 2.0 rework after U13, I suspect that most of these changes were unintentional. Still, a developer response could help clear up the confusion. Thanks.

I heard somewhere from someone that Hysteria would be given its own attention by DE somewhere down the road with regards to melee 2.0, so its current broken state should definitely be very temporary. Hopefully...

Atm I just use her invincibility to save friends who die in Survival and melee for cc only. Can't wait till it stacks on Dual Ichors again.

Yeah, that was mentioned a couple of times in the livestreams.

Since stealth executions were once based on charge damage, I can guess the reason behind their current ineffectiveness. I just find it odd that ground finishers and jump attacks retain the damage expression while regular attacks do not. We'll just have to wait for a response and/or update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...