Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Solutions] Broken Voting System And Dawdler/rusher Problem

Vaskadar

This is a thread with consolidated ideas for improving and possibly fixing the rusher/dawdler problem in public games as well as the broken voting system.

Currently, the voting system is broken, i.e.

-you cannot cancel your vote,

-majority vote does not work,

-and the first person who votes decides the map/mission.

Please rectify this. You should be able to cancel and change your vote, and the first person who votes should not determine the next mission.

Even when there is a majority vote on a different mission (other than what the person first voted for), the first person who voted will still bring the lobby to the mission he/she voted for. It is incredibly frustrating. The vote timer should not start until at least half of the votes have been cast.

Solution for B-Line Rushers

-Do not end the game for other individuals, instead do the following:

-Bring the individual back to the lobby. From the lobby they will have the option to disconnect or stay with the group.

[alternate solution suggested by Tohsaka]

-Prompt pop-up for sticking with group or disconnecting at the end-room

Edited by Vaskadar

Solution for B-Line Rushers

-Do not end the game for other individuals, instead do the following:

-Bring the individual back to the lobby. From the lobby they will have the option to disconnect or stay with the group.

Instead of bringing the individual back to the lobby, why not just ask whether the individual wants to disconnect or stay with the group in-game as an exclusive vote? I've seen something in some of the extraction rooms that the waypoint marker refers to as a panic button... Maybe we can use those for that purpose?

As for your other points, I firmly concur.

Edited by Tohsaka

[size=4]

Instead of bringing the individual back to the lobby, why not just ask whether the individual wants to disconnect or stay with the group in-game as an exclusive vote? I've seen something in some of the extraction rooms that the waypoint marker refers to as a panic button... Maybe we can use those for that purpose?

As for your other points, I firmly concur.

That's simpler for programming purposes, and probably better than my idea.[/size]

Edited by Vaskadar

Erm, you can change which mission you vote for... Just click a new mission and your vote will change.

The other things I agree with though.

I guess that was fixed? Last time I played it, it was broken.

Edited by Vaskadar

+1 to this. Being asked if I actually want to end the mission when someone in my team just rushes past all enemies (not even stopping to kill any, can tell it's the case because there are 0 ammo/energy pickups on the way to the exit) and finishes the mission would be great, and inconvinience nobody.

Edited by KazyJumps

Honestly I feel as if there should be some sort of kick system. Whoever is hosting it would be able to kick people who are trying to set a world record on how fast they can get through a mission or make it so there is a vote kick. This would be a solution to unruly behavior and speed runners. I have had people on several occasions troll a squad I was hosting by going to extraction with everyone, BUT waiting right out of the extraction radius so everyone has to wait for the timer. The players who get kicked would not be able to keep anything earned due to unruly behavior. But on the other hand, mindless kicking for no reason would also hurt the player who got kicked so maybe cut all credits and XP in half and all mods dropped are kept. Either way I really feel as if there needs to be a kicking system

Kicking will get abused, no doubt about it. And losing my loot when some trolls decide to kick me is an absurd idea.

I think it would be a good idea to offer a player the option to leave when he reaches extraction, so those who haven't reached it yet can stay inside the mission until they're done.

You can cancel it, in more than a few ways in fact. Click back to leave the session if you dont like what you see, hitting escape seems to remove your vote (not sure if this is only for the first person who voted or when you're alone i know its worked for me any time ive tried to join a squad and clickd the wrong mission by mistake) and the last works for everything and everyone changing your mode from online to either privet or solo and then changing it back to online again will remove your vote, it doesn't remove you from group or anything, and lastly is to beat the vote by majoirty of the squad players clicking on a different mission node.

Also a better solution for squads who all click on different areas, or a 2 votes here, and 2 votes there, or 1 vote here and 3 votes there, is to take that 1 person and put them in a new squad for that mission or have them sit there and wait for other players if squads are not avilable. And as for the 2 here and 2 there, just start 2 instances in those seperatre specific missions creating a 2 man squad for each mission and open it up "online" so other plays can join them, simple really.

As for the rusher solution, why not just give the rewards and pull out the specific person who made it to the extraction zone? I mean its called an extraction zone right? So why not extract the first person who gets there, and then the second, and then the third, etc. Problem solved. Yes, single player extraction. Then they will either wait in the lobby for the rest of the squad to get out, or they can simply move on to the next mission and join a new squad (that will be their choice).

Edited by Ecchi