Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will The Market Ever Be Updated?

Apochron

Rhino and Frost have cost 375P for as long as I can remember, while the new Hydroid is only 300P. Mag's price hasn't changed to reflect her "starter" position, while Excalibur/Loki/Volt are still set at 75P each.

Weapons follow the same pattern: the old and busted Afuris cost 225P, while the new hotness Attica costs 175P.

Not to mention things like the Cicero Event antidote blueprints and Fireworks packs still being present long after the completion of their events.

The point I'm making is that the Market is constantly added to, but never updated. Cleaned. Refreshed. It's like those hoarders' houses you see on TV programmes. The closest we've ever been to seeing a market change is when the Ether Daggers, Strun, and Machete were removed last autumn.

Is there any reason the Market prices aren't updated over time? I'd expect the newest things to be the most expensive, with the prices decreasing as they age until they hit a minimum. I'm no economist, but other game markets, physical stores, and even websites like Ebay and Amazon follow this trend.

Thoughts?

Why update it and reduce the price of old, possibly obsolete weapons? Someone might go ahead and purchase one of those out of ignorance and get fully ripped off. That's maximum profit for them. Kind of like how I have frost prime but I can still buy regular frost for 375 plat, and any weapons you vendor can be bought again for the full plat price...

There's always going to be some underhanded attempts to get money out of you in f2p games, warframe for the most part is nothing like the filth that infests iTunes and more importantly is a fully realized game.

The only 2 things I don't like are having to buy inventory space and orokin reactor/catalyst bps being exceedingly rare.