The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frustrating Survival Drops

Balduron04

So, my clan just did a 50 minute tier 3 survival mission.

I am dissapoint.

A little cause we almost hit the 50 mintue mark (we were 3 seconds short), but also from the drops we got.

Here's the list of Possible things we could have gotten:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172911-prime-gear-drop-locations/

Mission: TOWER III SURVIVAL
LATRON PRIME RECEIVER
FANG PRIME BLADE
EMBER PRIME HELMET BLUEPRINT
BOAR PRIME BLUEPRINT
DAKRA PRIME BLADE
??????
REAPER HANDLE
FROST PRIME HELMET BLUEPRINT
FORMA BLUEPRINT
SICARUS PRIME RECEIVER
MAG PRIME SYSTEMS BLUEPRINT
RHINO PRIME CHASSIS BLUEPRINT
SICARUS PRIME BLUEPRINT
GLAIVE PRIME BLADE

Here's what we got:

Boar Prime

Frost Prime Helmet

Dakra Prime Blade

Orokin Cell

Sicarus Prime

For a mission that lasted 45 minutes, we got 5 things according to the mission report. We should have gotten 9 things.

One of the things was a rare 5 Fusion Core. So I won't count that.

This means we got doubles:

2 Boar Prime Blueprints

2 Dakra Prime Blades

2 Sicarus Prime Blueprints

It is frustrating to get doubles. It is very frustrating to play a mission that has 14 possible prime parts and 17 total options for every 5 minutes. With such a varied drop table, why are we even getting multiples of the same item?

Why are we getting them on every single survival run in the void?

It would take a survival run of 85 minutes to get all the drops from a tier 3, including the ?????? from the official table, the Orokin cell, the Forma, and the Rare 5 core. This is probably doable, but it would be an insane achievement, especially with the current scaling of enemies. But why would anyone want to stay for 85 minutes in a survival? I could see it if players were guaranteed to never get duplicate rewards. Most people would stay longer to get the part they want, and leave afterward. Would it make things less rare? Probably, since dedicated clans would go for those 85 minutes to get all of the T3 drops for themselves. Would it make things harder to get? No, they would be easier to get. But at the same time, the rewards for securing a tier 3 and surviving for another 5 minutes are SO tempting. Getting another drop that you haven't gotten yet, and it is more and more likely that you'll get the thing you want...

So lets get duplicates only after we've gotten each of the rewards that haven't shown up yet. More reward for our hard work that is currently so luck dependent and disappointing. It lets you shove more stuff into the void without worrying about any particular thing being completely unobtainable. You will get more feedback on the super-late game areas, and how to make things interesting and challenging. You will show your players that you love them so much you're removing a little bit of the things that make this game unimaginably frustrating.

DE, why don't you want to do all of those good things?

TLDR: Double-drops suck on void survival runs. 6 unique drops out of 9 is ultra-sadface because the pool of unique drops is 16+. DE should show us they love us by changing survival so we can get 9/9 unique drops until we've gotten more drops than the table has, and THEN start giving us either credits or repeats. It even leaves room for them to give us super awesome rewards for completing the entire drop table, like legendary cores.

Its all about RNG really, try going a 45min run solo and up with 3 Mag BP's and rest Orokin Cells its not very fun.

But all in all they really do need to look over RNG as it seems to be what people complain most about (aside from obvious bugs).

T3 Defense and T3 Survival are so flooded with items.

Me and my clan now do it this way:

Play as far as we can.

If we get anything we like -> get out!

If we cannot get any further -> Die and start over!

That way we can keep our keys and not waste them on stupid stuff!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/212971-void-mission-loot-tables-screwed/#entry2483644