The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Small And Possibly Idotic Hydroid Suggestion

Mr.ominous

I have seen people complain about Hydroid hiding enemies in his puddle and ironically keeping them alive. My simple but possibly crazy solution to this is to allow all damage hitting the puddle to be applied to all the enemies within. That way the puddle can be used in tandem with the rest of the cell to deal additional damage to a small cluster of enemies.

If you think this idea is too powerful, a fractional multiplier could be applied to the damage hitting the puddle (thus damaging the trapped enemies less).

This could combine well with abilities like vortex, and radial dissarm + decoy.

Thoughts?

I would change the dmg into a percentage instead of a flat value. Maybe too strong, Idk, but the skill wouldn't be totally useless.

I only use it to make the same joke over and over again: (With yellow energy) type in chat "Omg I peed myself!"

Other than that is useless.

Other than that is useless.

It's less useful for stealth/killing solo, and more useful for "holy crap the objective/downed team mate/this killing floor is swarmed in enemies" moments. It's a utility power; Hydroid is a poor man's Vauban when it comes to controling specific areas of the map with knockback and the like. His damage ain't that hot in general.

With that in mind, allowing team mates to "shoot fish in a barrel(puddle)" by causing team mate damage from shooting at the puddle to deal increased/critical damage or even just spread out fractional damage to enemies who are drowning is a great idea to give this power more group utility.

Edited by KoshLovesYou