The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Post 13.0.5 Hotfix Rubberbanding Frame Rate

TheGreatFlood

The game was running fine last night, then this morning after patching the game with the new hotfix my frame rate runs from ranges of high 60s all the way down to the 10s. Also I launch the game through Steam and while in the game when I Shift+Tab to open up the Steam overlay it will show for a couple of seconds and then close and return me to the game.

I have tried relaunching the game and restarting, none of this seems to fix the issue.

This has caused the game to become unplayable for me.

For reference these are the specs on my PC:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5GHz

Nvidia GTX 260M 1GB on board RAM

6GB System RAM

This system is pushing 4 years old but it has been running the game pretty solidly for a while now, and then with this hotfix  installed it is the first time I have encountered such a problem.

You are not alone. Since the update Framerate goes crazy.

DE mentioned they changed streaming,cache, memory in Dev 26. That is where this problem is coming from.

Framerate even can drop to zero - full freeze 1 sec - if i am lucky the engine does not crash. (System load 15 !!! percent - my system is basically asleep)

Tip: If you haven´t done so yet - lower geometric detail to low . (Framerate is still beyond good but the recovery from the frame drops is faster - this might make it playable again)

I forgot - you although can untick - multi-threaded rendering in the laucher - it helped on my end have less crashes now.

(Reminds me on Unreal Tournament 2004 cant handle multi-threaded ... getting lost)

DE fix this please - i want to play high res again.

ps. servers still have serious issues - now i understand why ...

Edited by ioeshepard

Exactly The same bug for me. Frame rate drops down to below 1. Then back to 60 with almost zero system load.

Made the game completely unplayable

Please fix so I can play warframe again!

Ps. I have new system that easily ran the game before the latest hotfix

Edited by DonutAvenger

Seems my framerate issue has resolved itself... if I am lucky enough to be able to log in that is... the servers being down is not helpful.

Sometimes the launcher will state that the servers aren't available and sometimes I can launch the game but get stuck at the login screen with a message stating that I can't connect to the server.