The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eclipse Statement On Credit Taxes [Update]

-CM-True

Free rails only work when they remain un-contested and un-damaged. Don't blame them because some other clan wants to contest an already FREE rail.. get mad at the people MAKING it impossible to have free rails.

Working as intended. Players (i.e., consumers) are going to take the path that offers the most reward at the lowest cost. Outside of some ideological imperative, which really doesn't exist (unless it's your rail), this is the only logical choice to make. Dark Sectors will rotate control repeatedly, because it's untenable to maintain a rail out-of-pocket. Well... it could be, but it would require a big monetary commitment from the hosting alliance, and that's a hard sell for the alliance members, and also doesn't make financial sense.

In other words

Y7LTWzH.jpg

I'd rather support a clan that can keep the rail open and crush opposition quickly. Having the Dark Sector open and being able to get better resource drops is worth some extra taxes. You remember what happened when the Greeks didn't want to pay taxes? Their economy collapsed and they went from second world to third world. Calm down and let them take some of the credits that you're making playing on the solar rail that they put the resources into making. All you're doing by attacking over and over again is locking down a lucrative node for the rest of us. So, yeah, thanks for that. I didn't want to level new weapons or anything.

Where are you from Smartass to know what really hapened in Greece??

you dont know for sure so STFU

Only tweens and some teens would really give a rats arse about 0% tax. You guys were hell bent on biting off more then you can chew and now your going to reap what you sew. What you should have done was let some of your stuff go and paint the other guys as the big bad tax wolves. Instead you are pretty much going to be forced to eat crow by the majority of those you expected to support you.

I played Lineage II for a good long while and understand how this type of politics/economics work. Most of the idiots in Waframe would uninstall that game within an hour having realized what grind really is. So what ALL you morons need to do is set 10-15% tax, defend your #$%t and be done with it. After defending successfully you can reward your alliance with 0% tax and those not in your alliance SHOULD absorb the cost or gtfo. If your leadership is to stupid to understand how to keep the gears oiled and douse the forum flames then you don't deserve to hold squat.

First of all no one ever said anything about 0% taxes forever .was first day of dark sectors , second of all , no one was complaining about getting or not support , i was complaining about those who all they do , is sit on their arses and bash other peoples work and making accusations of things that are yet or never to happen , instead of taking action in the conflict , one side or the other , it's their choice , or if they have chosen to remain out of the the equation then remain silent.

We didn't bash no one , was our choice to deploy those rails and yes, we will suffer the consequences of our actions no matter if we go out of line or not , there's always going to be consequences on any decision one makes may it be good or bad , everyone plays his way as long it plays by the rules.

All the best to all and may you enjoy your game.

Edited by -CM-Raven

Don't get me wrong Dark Sectors are fun and for those controlling rails currently enjoy them. If you plan on keeping them however little tip... set credit tax. I don't see why people complain about a little tax. I mean if that was your node would you and your members / alliance want to pay out of pocket the repair fees? In the long run even rails with 0% tax will be contested just for the reason every alliance / clan wants to own a dark sector yet most can't handle the costs of them except for building the rail itself. Does the timers on contesting and such need to be reworked... sure but has time moves on things get fixed, new updates come and even newer bugs come out. Welcome to Gaming in general folks.

20% is on the borderline of "okay" by me. Any higher and I might reconsider.

Point being, I'd rather give that 20% and have a fun place to play vs infested rather than stare at a conflict without either money rewards, bonus xp nor infested.

Go Eclipse!