Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Attica Cant Put The Thunderbolt Mod?

-YoHei-Mercenary-EN-

Crossbows don't normally use arrows they use heavy, hard hitting bolts.  Saying this would mean the boltors could even get it; doesn't make sense.

This change should be for boltors as well then. 

Just imagine for a second.  You have an assault rifle that shoots rapid fire rockets.  

What could possibly go wrong!?

the Attica is a POS, we all know it because we leveled it and played 30 grueling levels, wondered why we put a catalyst in it, and thought - "gee: it has a slow bolt that does no damage, is not silent, has a long reload, has terrible bolt drop off (oddly), and seems to not want to multishot (at least for me) and is neither a rifle nor a bow nor a sniper - it must be me!"

An obvious candidate for a rework.

The thunderbolt mod is the least of this weapons problems imo.

See, this is strange.  I used an Attica that I catalysted, and I found that I had good travel time, good damage on 30+ enemies, nearly 100% multishot, and could control the dropoff easily.  I also hardly noticed the reload, but I'm used to shotguns.

Isn't thunderbolt a flat damage addition? Just X amount of blast?

That's not going to turn it from a somewhat lackluster weapon into an unstoppable death machine, but it will make it more unique and entertaining to use. I'm for it.

Yep, a flat 250 damage. If it procced every time, that'd amount to an effective 2000 damage increase from an 8-bolt volley, multiplied by however many targets you hit. Which actually isn't too terrible. But it's still 250 damage per shot, so its effective killing power still wouldn't be all that great.

If anything, it'd at least make it fun, yeah.