Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bosses Having Damage/surprises Instead Of Hp In The Thousands

MasterHunter

What I am trying to get at is that the bosses seem have too much HP. It starts to get boring when you sometimes have to stand there shooting at a boss for literally 5 minutes before he dies (maybe take a minute away per extra teammate). High HP doesn't personally make it a challenge to kill them, it personally makes it a chore.

I am suggesting having them have more of a damage output, or some sort of special ability or 2 so that it takes several minutes to kill him because of challenge, not because of mindlessly doing a couple thousand damage shooting him.

What I am trying to get at is that the bosses seem have too much HP. It starts to get boring when you sometimes have to stand there shooting at a boss for literally 5 minutes before he dies (maybe take a minute away per extra teammate). High HP doesn't personally make it a challenge to kill them, it personally makes it a chore.

I am suggesting having them have more of a damage output, or some sort of special ability or 2 so that it takes several minutes to kill him because of challenge, not because of mindlessly doing a couple thousand damage shooting him.

Kinda like the idea. If you know how to stun the boss, or stay out of his range. The game just becomes a boring, shot this, shot that!

Kinda like the idea. If you know how to stun the boss, or stay out of his range. The game just becomes a boring, shot this, shot that!

Im not sure about stunning, but don't most bosses at least walk towards you if you stray out of their range?

i agree that boss HP just makes the battle boring. maybe they should call for reinforcements. tough ones. that would make some sense.

said this in another thread and i'll repeat it here...giving a boss 2 bajillion hp to compensate for bad AI is never a good sign...fix your ai, make combat challenging... are multible ways to do this with out giving boss a ton of health just some examples.

Jackle: reduce his over all health pool

Add in some new mechanics

Nano drones: nano drones fly about the jackle shooting a beam onto jackle that heals his health or shields depending on the color. Green for shields, red for health. Red drones are immune to damage as long as green drones are active, green drones must be killed first before jackles sheilds can really be taken down.

Jackle Rocket Reload: after jackle has fired his rockets he must now reload them, doing so requires him to dock with a reload drone, this drone is large, and heavily armored. during this phase, grunts will enter the room and atempt to stop the players from attacking the reload drone, killing drone results in the jackle lacking his insta gib rockets.

Just an example of what i like to see in difficulty, i like to see phases, unique boss situations not straight tank and spanks have so much hp you /snore on yoru keyboard.

I don't know if you guys notice, but Krill(Extra boss) has more abilities since U7.

Same HP before patch, but a heck of a challage now, with the extra hammer abilities.

Only problem now is that is is kind of bugged. When you kill Krill, if you touch it's dead body, you will explode(Seriously, it a freaky bug).

In most bosses you can't just stand there and shoot =.= even if you far away most of them have long range attacks.

I agree about bosses being too sturdy, both regarding shield and life, but they already have skills and most of them deal damage and enough of them are 1 hit KO. The problem with the bosses is that none of them need a strategy to be defeated (except jackal which you need to shoot in the legs before you can damage the body) and most of them are just buffed up regular enemies. What I think bosses need is: less godly shields and armor/life; tricks or strategies that will reveal weak spots or something; some platforming aspects; changes during battle, for example armor falls off and speed greatly increases. They also need to make them slowable, I don't say 100% of the frost, but hell, atleast 50% or 25%. Another thing is that mid air slams should stun the boss (that short animation where the enemy backs off and stops attacking for a moment) unlike now that nothing happens and unlike before when it knocked bosses to the ground.

Edited by CubedOobleck