Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Passive Upgrades Part 2, Now About The Weapons

Wustuv

Passive stat upgrades back for the WFs, love it. And allready the other half of the community is complaining "all to EZ-Game now, you suck, blablabla" while the first half (including me) is happy that there is now again a payback for having a leveled frame. Maybe needs a bit fine tuning to not overdo it, but generally I think it's going in the right direction.

Which brings me to part 2 of the "Bring back passives" debatte: The weapons.

I read a post from Steve in the other big thread that they are thinking about some passive upgrades for weapons.

So here is my suggestion:

Since all throughout the game it's called "Affinity", maybe it would be a good idea to make something out of that term.

Meaning, that there are some things I can do with my weapons when I really "got used" to them and some that are just beyond my personal influence from experience.

It really boils down to three things that should imho be passive upgradeable:

Reload time (by training)

Accuracy (spread compensation, but you could also see this as technical limitation)

Critical chance (knowing where to hit so it hurts with this weapon)

maybe critical damage

All other options are just technical limitations which have to be modded.

You just can't make a pistol shoot "fireballs" by good will, and no matter how hard you try, you need a bigger magazine to squeeze more bullets into it... know what I'm meaning ;-)?

Ladies and gentlemen, your two cents?

Game is ridiculously easy now.

No challenge

No fun

Thank you for your opinion, now, do you have anything meaningful to add to the discussion? No? The door's that way.

Looking at your post history you've been complaining that the game's too easy and boring now. If that's so, then quit. It's a beta, the devs will modify things and change gameplay mechanics daily if they have to. It'll be balanced back out as a ton of people were complaining about lack of HP/shields and now there's too much because they overcompensated. Yes, it's unbalanced right now, we know, thank you. Now please leave unless you have something good to contribute.

Unless that's a joke or something. Then good on you, you got me.