Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Level Up From 9 To 30 Instantly

(PSN)OreoVII

I'm not exactly sure I want to explain how to do this glitch out in the open, because everyone else may do it. I just did it by accident for the first time but I am 100% positive that I just leveled up something from 9 to 30 in one game, and the mission was only about 10 minutes long. I think I may know what I did and will attempt to recreate it for verification purposes. It might have been a complete freak accident but I'm beyond positive this happened.

Is there a way I can send game breaking glitches like this to mods?

I can tell you how it happened, because it once occured to me as well. You were in a squad with some people, the mission was about to start and you notice its not the warframe you want to play, so you head to the arsenal. The mission starts in 3 seconds. You found the warframe, selected him within the last second the mission was about to start. You were unable to head back out to the mission screen, so your player information is not actualized. You play for few minutes, complete the mission, but you notice, the warframe is suddenly on max level. It is a glitch thats hard to simulate but I can confirm it with my Zephyr. She was lvl 27 and I did Lares for 10 waves or so. Even with boosters you couldn't make it to 30 there, in 10 waves. I noticed her suddenly being 30 at the mission completed screen, but back at the solar map I still had Nova selected (indicated in this player window on the lower left of the screen). The thing is that I'm not 100% sure, but I think that my Zephyr copied the level information (lvl 30) from my Nova in that moment. It's very strange, however. But I think that I did not receive any affinity from this instant up. I ofc did not check my affinity before and after since I didnt expect this to happen. Afraid of affinity loss I didnt test it with other warframes or weapons afterwards either. I thought I might be wrong, but another guy reporting this bug confirm my speculations on this.

-snip-

I've accurately described how it happened to me and I said that I do NOT want to try it again because of possible affinity loss.

There can be many reasons for a bug to occur, so it is not always the case, that you can come up with "solid" facts nor a recreation of the problem.

You should take your very last line as an advice to your self mate.

I've accurately described how it happened to me and I said that I do NOT want to try it again because of possible affinity loss.

There can be many reasons for a bug to occur, so it is not always the case, that you can come up with "solid" facts nor a recreation of the problem.

I understand what you described and how you said it happened. It was pretty clearly described.

You don't seem to realize want a potential bug is do you?  They said that is not easily duplicated but he listed the process on how he thought he managed to get the bug to pop what part of that don't you get?  It was very detailed and I appreciate the info.  So that I will not cause this bug to happen in that fashion at least because it could mean loss of mastery points.  Thanks for the very through explanation.

I've done this exploit before by accident, and I figured out how to do it:

Right before the game starts, you must quickly change your Warframe from the weakest one (rank 1. Volt for example) to the strongest (rank 30. Rhino for example). Once this happens, the "system" let's say, would identify you as the weak one, but for some reason, you changed too quick for the "system" to react to that change. At that point, the "system" will try to fix it by re-identifying what you're playing as (the strong one). The "system" will try to replace the weak one with the strong one... But for some reason, it won't be able to fix the fact that you're supposed to be the weak one, even though you're playing as the strong one. So to conclude the "system's" problem, it just identifies both as the strongest, making the weak one go to the max.

tl;dr - Just change from your weak Warframe to the strongest one a split sec. before the session heads to the loading screen.