Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 8 Wallrun Test Complete - Thanks De

(PSN)witch3rDC52

Question

Been at this test for about 3 weeks now. Since my youth I was never good at platform jumping and no exception with wall running in this game. Thankfully, if you stop and catch your breath in a mission instead of trying to keep up with that blazing fast Loki, DE does provide alternative paths to get from point A to B in games if you can't do the wall climbing etc. Sometimes it takes a good bit of searching until you get use to the particular tileset.

My alternative for the mastery rank 8 test was a warframe called Zephyr. I tried using Dive Bomb as suggested but failed. For me it was keeping it simple that worked. Frame had energy siphoon (not needed), full rank Tail Wind, Constitution and Continuity. I put all the stamina mods in but not needed. Using the Ignis but how I passed the test any gun would have been fine.

Test

Shoot first orb, jump on to the flat wall, get to end, shoot next orb. Jump on flat wall, get to end shoot next orb. Now the vertical wall to wall run comes up and circular platform above it at the end. Used both Tail Wind and Dive Bomb and Dive Bomb would take me straight down, missing platform. Second attempt, this time I used Tail Wind and using the slow descend seem she floats well, just arched my way down gently on to the platform.

Turn to my left and shoot orb right next to platform. Jump to flat wall, run to end & shoot orb, jumped to next flat wall and repeated. Again the vertical wall to wall run pops up but the circular platform at the end seems further away. Tried the Tail Wind/Dive Bomb combine, again fell short. Thankfully DE allows 3 attempts for each phase. So use just Tail Wind one more time toward circular platform and float Zephyr down in an arch path to platform.

Turn to go to phase 3 but to my surprise, Zephyr settles in and it say I passed to the test. I never climbed a wall or wall ran once. I see why Zephyr is one of my favorite frames for me since I suck at wall stuff.

So while I have been complaining about this rank 8 test like so many others, DE does provide alternatives for those of us that suck at wall jumping/running, just like for the missions. So thank you DE for that.

Edited by (PS4)witch3rDC52

3 answers to this question

Congrats! I did this the old school way, ignis and mag, i did practice walruns and the perfect time for the switch to the next wall, it was tough at first but once you get the perfect timing to start running in the right direction when you hit the next wall it's real easy, when you master the technique the game becomes even more fun! and btw, don't feel that victorious yet, i think test 13 or 15 if im not mistaken is about more wallruns lol :) enjoy man!

Congrats! I did this the old school way, ignis and mag, i did practice walruns and the perfect time for the switch to the next wall, it was tough at first but once you get the perfect timing to start running in the right direction when you hit the next wall it's real easy, when you master the technique the game becomes even more fun! and btw, don't feel that victorious yet, i think test 13 or 15 if im not mistaken is about more wallruns lol :) enjoy man!

Thanks.  I'll keep working on wall running in the dojo because as you mentioned, it is fun when you can finally nail it down.  Just glad DE allows for alternative approaches to get it done.