Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips To Starters

(PSN)x35_DOuBLeTReYx

Question

1: Choose Excalibur, why, because he is the most balanced frame

2: Once you kill Vor build Cronus immediately, why, because it is a good upgrade over skana

3: Farm Apollodorus until your around level 15, why, because after that you won't get one shotted on higher levels

4: Leech on to players hosting ODD or T1,2,3 Defence on recruit and just sit back and watch, why, just watch the xp bar

5: Reach Saturn and Jupiter, why, because you need Neural Sensors and Orokin Cells to build stuff

6: Build Rhino, Oberon or Ember as these can help you go a loonnng way

7: Sell starting weapons and buy blueprints for Karak, Kunai and Orthos, why, these are the best weapons to build after selling starting stuff

8: Use starting platinum on Reactor and Catalyst for new weapons, why, to make you more powerful

9: Farm mods like Serration, Hornet Strike, Split Chamber, lethal Torrent etc

Orthos is a fantastic melee weapon for a new player.

It's strength is a guaranteed blast proc on ground slam in it's default 10m radius. That's basic crowd control for any frame, requiring no energy or ammo.

Mods to extend reach and increase attack speed are easy for new players to find. The weapon might not suit all play styles, but it is well worth crafting. I stuck a potato on mine and it's still my goto melee weapon at MR 7.

I've rarely used it as a charge weapon except for finishers.

Oh alright, thanks for telling me. I always liked the feel to the Orthos so i'm trying to get the prime version but the stupid blade won't drop -.-

The only real problem for them lies in Lua and Eurasia

I think we can rule this out since the said nodes here on PC is no longer interception.

Well, for PS4, probably when the U13 are shipped for them

That said....

- Get Braton as soon as you can

- that said, don't sell your MK-1 Braton, yet. at least until you master it to lvl 30

- Rhino is good choice for second frame.

- Get sentinel, but when to get it depends at your own pace.

- All three 'starter' frame are good, but it's best to avoid Loki if you don't know what to do with him.

- Go at your own pace. If the planet seems too tough atm, go back to planet before and train there.

- Find some good friends and clans to play together

- Best use for plats is for weapon/frame slots

Edited by Lorche

Oh alright, thanks for telling me. I always liked the feel to the Orthos so i'm trying to get the prime version but the stupid blade won't drop -.-

You can trade for it. It generally goes in the 10-15 plat range buy sellers will say upward of 20. Truth is it is a buyers market so if you put out enough feelers and read the trading chat as well as the trading forum you will find deals left and right. Many vets have so many mods that they want to move them quickly and cheaply. You can use this and flip cheaply bought mods for profit in plat. If you are farming the blade then likely you have some cheap primes parts to sell. Sell them and get the ball rolling. I was reading the trade chat the other day and a guy was selling crossing snakes at 10p sold it today for 18. If you put the time in you can definitely trade for what you want just use a little patience.

They lowered the drop-rate, you mean. And the best part is they didn't just lower it. They lower it exponentially each time you kill Vor. So, say, you have a 98% chance of having him drop it, after you kill him you'll only have a 94%. (Even if you didn't get it.) 

I'm not sure of the ACTUAL percentage, but that's how it works.