Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Fenrir-Wolf/barbarian Frame-Brother Of Valkyr

ThePrdator

(First draft, had all this written up but found it bland so check up later if you want to read draft 2, mind you I still want to hear opinions on this)

Fenrir - Wolf Hunter/Barbarian warframe - 狼

The idea of a wolf style warframe has been around my head for a while, but as with anything with me 1. I wasn't bothered 2. I lacked the skills 3. I lacked inspiration (my life in nutshell) but, now that I'm sitting here with nothing to do, time to get to work.

About:

The fenrir warframe would epitomise brutal strength and anger, in his hunt for his sister he has mastered his strength and learned the honourable way of the tenno while maintaining his anger, using it only when he is in dire need.

When not in use the dai-nikana is keeping his leg upright, it likes long walks on the beach and cuddling, with corpus flesh and making visceral painting with it's opponents blood.

He is a both large and fast, combining strength and agility. His downside though is low shields and energy pool.

Lore(this is purely a personal thing for me if this is added I wouldn’t expect this to stay): When the original Valkyr was taken captive her brother, a measly tenno crafter was distraught, he was reconciled by a warrior, a volt but no good will could heal his broken heart. One night in an attempt to get some closure he entered his sister's room, he found several of her old worn weapons, but at the top of the heap, a nikana, her nikana, the one past down from generations of tenno. He stared at it dreamily, how he used to watch his older sister spar with father, and how he used this weapon as an example to drive his own creations to the mastery of this weapon. His right hand lifted, slowly, going ever closer to the weapon, he no longer controlled his arm, not even his whole body, his mind was no longer a cog in his scrawny body, it did what it wanted to. When he and touched the sword he lost consciousness.

His eyes shot open, the harsh winds of Neptune battered him. He was out in the large frost fields of his homeland, but why? He tried to remember what had happened but nothing came to him. He urged his body to move and after a few attempts he as successful, he clambered up onto one knee, immediately pain flew though his left leg and it jerked out from underneath him, he looked down to it. He stopped breathing, never had he seen such a bloody and gruesome image as a simple crafter. The nikana, albeit it was drastically altered, was impaled through his lower leg, with the handguard forming his knee cap, and the blade as the bone supporting his leg. He threw up on the ground beside him and tried to look away but the pain consumed his body, he looked back at the ground to see his puke frozen, he was reminded of the immediate danger of the cold of Neptune.

He stood up and ignored the pure pain, using the last sliver of technocyte virus to ignore the pain. He looked around to where to go next, he saw the distant lights of his village but they were distant, he wouldn’t make it, he looked behind him and saw something far closer than his village, not 10 miles away a corpus S#&$ was docked, his hands clenched with anger as the memory of his sister boiled again.

His moment was torn apart as a large being tackled him to the ground. It went for his neck but he managed to throw it off with the last of his strength. He looks at his attacker, a wild yak-kubrow, its thick burly hair formed the perfect protection against the cold. It roared at him, showcasing it’s foot long teeth, he looked around at the immediate ground, no weapon, if he fought it unarmed he would die. And then it came to him, the confidence and strategy that his sister was famed for, finally came to his heart, he bent down on one knee and tore the sword out from his leg.

It was grand, the previously sparring and ceremonial nikana, was a goliath to its former self. Now a two handed dai-nikana bone formed a frame, but no blade, in its place rubidium teeth on a belt and on the handle, just below the guard, a trigger. The beast leaped at him, simultaneously the tenno rose pulling the trigger, the teeth whirred and the beast fell on the blade, tearing it in half, its blood poured on him, baptising him. His whole body hurt, his nerves and veins, as if they were being electrocuted. He closed his eyes for an instant but when he opened them he was several feet taller, his arms thick with muscle and legs prepared for a 20 mile sprint.

He scabbarded the sword in his left leg, ignoring the pain, it only strengthened him and tore the hideoff the yak-kubrow, he looked at both the corpus ship and his village, “I will return” he said as he turned toward’s his village, “I will find my sister” and he took off on all fours, going faster than any other animal in the sol system.

Inspirations for him:

Bladewolf: http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_Wolf

Ravage: http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Ravage_(Movie)

Two badass animalistic robots that heavily inspired Fenris

Name:

Valkyr is a norse origin name, thus as they are a brother/sister combo I wanted a norse name aswell, Fenrir was perfect as Fenrir was a mythic large wolf in norse mythology: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenrir

Abilities(I have these pretty loose in terms of stats for flexibility):

1. Wolf hide-increases speed, and health regeneration for 40 seconds

2. Howl-increases speed, crit chance and attack reload speed for the whole team

3. Vengeance-draws his katana and gains increased speed, similar to valkyr’s hysteria but with a slower weapon and less time

4. Blood hunt-He gets down on all fours and calls fourth for his canine brethren, summons a small pack of kurbrows.

All abilities can be scrapped and changed to best suit the needs and wants of the community.

Appearance:

I’m trying to either get a friend to make some concept art or make some myself

Draft 2 is changing a wolf-barbarian for a shaman, with a mixture of animal pieces and appendages with a lighter more ninja like feel, if you want I’ll keep the dai-nikana in his leg though

Edited by ThePrdator