The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Furax Animation

MediocreHero

While finding out their were gauntlet weapons in game I was very excited to see how they would play out and look like, but as I unlocked them and started using them it just didn't feel or look right. Whenever a punch is thrown, it seems like they are in a swimming pose instead of a battle ready type of stance. The way the punches are thrown are lacking alot of that visual impact you would think from those imposing looking gauntlets. The stance from which the punches are thrown and the punches themselves are very unfitting for some of these super combat hardened Tenno.

Suggestions

-Tone down the way the arms are raising almost to shoulder level it seems like the tenno are going for a swim and not arming for a punch. Elbows shouldnt be at shoulder level when throwing a punch.

-The punches themselves need a more compact stance and the punch animation seems to be pretty stiff when the punch is thrown and it stops at the point of impact as if it was just stuck there, the pull back animation can be a bit smoother of a transition.

Thanks for the read and please comment if you can, I would like to see some discussion on this.

Totaly agree with you here i was hopeing for something epic with the gauntlets something like this

https://www.youtube....h?v=JtKQ3x52toc (Skip to 0:50 in order to see the punch)

and was also hoping for some ultimate finsh off move something of like what ichigo does when its the final battle against aizen he grabs his face throws him to the ground , and then when im at this point if i may add you do some super charged punch thats destroys his head

something like this

(:NOTE: the video is really fast and happens 4 secons into the video so keep a close eye on what he does)

i also wish for the normal combo dealer attack etc etc

Edited by DiBBz

Was anyone else hoping the Furax charge attack would be something like this?

Not nearly as long, just a second or two of rapid blurry punches.

I dig the Furax but I agree that the animations could have a little bit more impact to them. They're currently kinda floaty and there's little anticipation and release to them.

Hokuto No ken would cause this game to explode out of sheer awesomeness. But on a more serious note, the Furax animations don't seem natural and lack the impact that the Furax has in its apperance alone.

Edit: I do love the slide attack though, I keep shouting shoryuken whenever i do it. (Well in my mind i shout it)

Edited by MediocreHero

Lotta anime fans up in here. Don't have a big issue with the Furax animations myself, but I've noticed they don't always trigger the endlessly entertaining knockback effects from a charge or slide attack. This might have something to do with latency or maybe the electric death animation overriding it. I would prefer if the knockback was the default effect.

Lotta anime fans up in here. Don't have a big issue with the Furax animations myself, but I've noticed they don't always trigger the endlessly entertaining knockback effects from a charge or slide attack. This might have something to do with latency or maybe the electric death animation overriding it. I would prefer if the knockback was the default effect.

Yeah the electric effect by default overides the knockback so you sometimes or may often get the static death instead of the knockback. Some times I get both effects and its pretty damn cool.