The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Havent Been Able To Get This Off My Mind.....(Oberon)

03-AALIYAH-

it's not fat, that's his anatomy, its clearly based on a stag's anatomy.

check this:

PI9uOvr.jpg

See the "belly" it has the same curve as Oberon's 

you can not compare oberon's anatomy to human's anatomy, they are different.

what is surprising to me though is that people still can't wrap their minds around this... how hard can it be to see that his whole design does not correspond to human proportions and features?...

Edit: yea a goat's anatomy would be a perfect example too Shackram. i just connected The Great White Stag myth to Oberon's design i guess, since he is white and has stag's horns, but he could also be seen as a Satyr and they were part goat, so both are good examples.

Edited by Orbister

Why is oberon soo fat ?

he looks normal from the front but... turn him to his side...

Arms and legs are skinny... Torso is the size of 2 excalibur torsos....

Because he's a goat. His torso and the muscle groups of his legs and arms looks just like that of a goat.

Look at a big goat from the side, then picture it standing upright and with hands, say hello to Oberon.

-snip-

Didn't think of a stag (don't see them where i live), makes sense too.

Edited by Shackram

Because he's a goat. His torso and the muscle groups of his legs and arms looks just like that of a goat.

Look at a big goat from the side, then picture it standing upright and with hands, say hello to Oberon.

Didn't think of a stag (don't see them where i live), makes sense too.

I guess they have given up on teaching the classics round your way too; in classical literature Oberon is King of the faeries, and often depicted as a stag.

what is surprising to me though is that people still can't wrap their minds around this... how hard can it be to see that his whole design does not correspond to human proportions and features?...

Edit: yea a goat's anatomy would be a perfect example too Shackram. i just connected The Great White Stag myth to Oberon's design i guess, since he is white and has stag's horns, but he could also be seen as a Satyr and they were part goat, so both are good examples.

Ever since he came out I loved him for his appearance, calling him a stag/reindeer. I never realized his torso was shaped like a stag as you pointed out, though. I only noticed the more obvious points like the antlers, facial structure, hooves, fawn-like markings, and such.

[...]

Nice one there, I haven't checked stag's anatomy just to confirm Oberons fat torso, but still it's nice ppl can see connections. It's all Mynki's mind! If he sees Goat he'll make "goat" frame, if he sees bear, we will get "bear"like frame. Depens on what Mynki's mind will picture for him. 

PS. For all of those who dunno who Mynki is - he's Art Director in DE. 

check this:

PI9uOvr.jpg

See the "belly" it has the same curve as Oberon's 

i just got back from like a 5 month break, chill, i am not "people that cant wrap their mind around things"

i just got back from like a 5 month break, chill, i am not "people that cant wrap their mind around things"

You just got back from like a 5 months break, i see... ´_´

well... maybe i don't see... how that connects to anything... but it's cool : D 

Nice one there, I haven't checked stag's anatomy just to confirm Oberons fat torso, but still it's nice ppl can see connections. It's all Mynki's mind! If he sees Goat he'll make "goat" frame, if he sees bear, we will get "bear"like frame. Depens on what Mynki's mind will picture for him. 

PS. For all of those who dunno who Mynki is - he's Art Director in DE. 

And nope... its all in the concept i doubt that Mynki would have designed a squid frame named Oberon if he had seen a squid on the same day he was Drawing... there is no secret nor conspiracy nor anything, Oberon is in literature the King of fairies he can take different forms one of them is a stag, there is also the myth of the Great White Stag, which is also some kind of "Avatar" of the forests and it's creatures, Oberon is named Oberon afterall and he has stag horns and it's white... i am sure he did not designed Oberon as a stag "just because"... what you are saying is like saying "hey dude... that rhino frame... he kinda looks like a rhino, that crazy mynky was probably watching some animal planet and a rhino appeared in the screen and BAM he designed rhino to look like a rhino!" 

Good job knowing Mynki is De's Art Director, you really know your public knowledge information : D