Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poxy Wars Fitting Into Dark Sectors?

JohnMarkLee

I find Dark Sectors having a lack of enemies. However I am pretty sure its going to turn out fine when Proxy Wars comes out. Here is what I thought how the system might look like:

Reputation Level:

This is the amount of positive or negative reputation with a faction. Reputation levels with one faction can cause one of another faction. Ex. Level 5 Positive Grineer Reputation = Level 5 Negative Corpus Reputation. Reputation levels are gained by doing missions, quest, alerts or operations with a faction.

Advantages of Positive Reputation:

For one if you have a Dark Sector the faction will agree to help you defend. However the mercenaries you buy depend on the reputation level you are. Example for Grineer Protection:

Positive Level 1:

- Lancer [100 Credits]

- Trooper [150 Credits]

- Butcher [50 Credits]

Positive Level 2:

- Scorpion [200 Credits]

- Shield Lancer [300 Credits]

- Sorch [350 Credits]

- Power Fist [300 Credits] 

- Elite Lancer [500 Credits]

Positive Level 3:

- Heavy Gunner [750 Credits]

- Ballista [500 Credits]

- Eviscretor [750 Credits]

- Flameblade [500 Credits]

- Elite Trooper [650 Credits]

Positive Level 4:

- Bombard [1000 Credits]

- Napalm [3000 Credits]

- Energy Leech [5000 Credits]

Positive Level 5:

- Lifesteal Eximus [10000 Credits]

- Artic Eximus [7500 Credits]

- Caustic Eximus [7500 Credits]

Just a brief example of what I am talking about. Also you may be able to recruit some mercenaries if the challenging clan/alliance allegiance is different form yours. Example:

Defensive          Offensive

Soviet Union  vs. Great Britain

Reinforced by: 

Grineer

Now Soviet Union clan does not have a reputation with any faction however. Great Britain being friends with the Grineer might cause Corpus to react. So the Soviet Union now unlocks some mercenaries also but not as much as if they would if they had a reputation with Corpus. Prices will also be doubled:

Corpus Retainers:

- Crewman [200 Credits]

- MOA [300 Credits]

- Pod Crewman [100 Credits]

- Blast MOA [500 Credits]

- Oxium Osprey [1000]

- Mag Eximus [10000]

Limit of Mercenaries:

Limitation of each mercenary type will be based off of their tier level. Tier is based off of the reputation level you unlocked them on. For example:

Tier Level 1:

- Lancer [100 Credits]

- Trooper [150 Credits]

- Butcher [50 Credits]

Tier Level 2:

- Scorpion [200 Credits]

- Shield Lancer [300 Credits]

- Sorch [350 Credits]

- Power Fist [300 Credits] 

- Elite Lancer [500 Credits]

Limitations on how many you can buy are based off of the tier. Here is what I am talking about:

Tier 1 - 100 Total

Tier 2 - 100 Total

Tier 3 - 50 Total

Tier 4 - 30 Total

Tier 5 - 10 Total

This means you can only buy about a 100 Lancers but 10 Artic Eximus. However the total population of mercenaries you can have is 110. So choose your mercenaries wisely. More mercanaries you have you will see a decrease in Guardian MOAs in your tower. Total amount of soldiers you can have guarding the Solar Rail is 150. Which means 140 mercenaries & 40 Guardian MOAs. However the Tenno Specters will also take up and decrease the population space for the Guardian MOAs Example:

- 100 Mercenaries

- 30 Guardian MOAs

- 20 Tenno Specters

Notes:

1. Level of mercenaries will be dependent on the world's level. That has not changed.

2. Yes a clan/alliance can "spam buy" one type of unit until they reach their limit total. However I don't think this will be a problem because of the limits I put.

3. Difficulty of mercenaries are the same as in any other mission. (Based off the level of the world of course.) 

Edited by JohnMarkLee

This wouldn't work since for it to make sense the entire clan/alliance would need to support the Grineer, which if you have even a moderately large clan/alliance would be incredibly hard to do.

What about the reputation XP as a whole? So not everyone has to support them. However everyone needs to earn a good amount of XP for it.