Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blueprint Drops

Elhazzared

Yeah, it's overly debated but I find myself wondering, how worth is it to even try to farm blueprints? I've done over a douzen runs through saturn boss to get the ember blueprints, not one drop and I don't mean a specific type of blueprint, I mean not a single of any kind blueprint drop. What is the point of being able to craft it if we're going to be told, spend a whole year doing nothing but that mission alone to maybe be ablet to craft the warframe you want?

Quite frankly I'm growing so frustrated with trying to get the ember warframe that I might just give up entirelly on the game since I'm not able to get the one I want to play with. Unfortunatly I'm not the kind of person who has a lot of money to sink into the game, I was going to buy the alternative helmet for it and the catalysts for it as well as for some weapons but again, as it is, I don't find frustration worth money.

Edited by Elhazzared

Yea for every one that is unlucky like us you have another that gets those blueprints in record times. It's ridiculous, but that's the way it is. I farmed Rhino for 3 weeks and Nyx in 10 minutes, got Loki while looking for control modules (but I never got a control module).

I do think DE should work on an alternative system, however when you think about it this is much harder to implement given the brevity of content in the game

Edited by katari

Doing the same boring thing time and time again to always get rewarded with nothing is not overreacting, it just adds to game frustration which in turn leads to drive people away from the game. The drop rates are just ridiculous and you don't exactly get to chose the warframe that you are going to play with at the beggining of the game. If you could chose one fromall available, it would be a smaller issue though still an issue because when you pick your first warframe, odds are you know not much about the game and will pick up the wrong warframe for your gamestyle. As it is it gives me 3 warframes that I don't want to play with (not saying they are bad, just don't like their playstyle) and the few that I want to play with will be stupidly hard to get. I'd be happy with having just one but again, the frustation of getting through to it is just so damn high. The build time is also pretty damn bad as I want to get the warframe and use the missions I haven't done yet to level the warframe but really, doesn't seams like that will happen.

Now if the mission at least would ALWAYS award one of the warframe's parts... Sure I could understand bad luck about not getting the one I was missing, but not getting any parts at all after over a douzen runs. What am I to think? That either it's bugged and not dropping at all, or that the actually chances for a drop are incredibly low so it's hardly worth bothering doing it. I don't think anyone wants to be stuck with playing the same mission over and over again for days on a row until they get it, that is a bad type of farming, it's incredibly boring.

I don't mind farming the blueprints. The problem I have is when I buy a blueprint from the market I don't expect to have to farm other blueprints for that one blueprint just to make a warframe. It's really annoyed me, but thats just my opinon.

i dont even need to read your post, ill say one thing though, what incentive to play do you have if blueprint would be easy to get? this is what keeps tenno busy, and untill the game is update with something else to 'farm' they will keep it this way.

There's a difference between "fun" and "agitating annoying crap".

Farming for 2 years because of a bad drop system? Not fun.

I got a Frost Chassis 10+ times and I have 28~ Orokin Cells.

This isn't fun, DE. This is just stupid.

Edited by EpikEnvy

This is really starting to bug me, the way people who play Warframe talk about farming.

People say they farmed for two weeks or two days for something. What does that even mean? You spent two solid weeks of farming with just breaks for sleep? Or just a couple runs each evening after work? 2x14= 28 runs vs farming all day for 2 weeks =27347234 runs.

So far I've done 60-70 boss runs and never seen a systems bp drop. I've got Ash, Loki and Trinity helms and chassis and tons of mats and money ready to go, but have never been able to actually craft a warframe.

If the drop rate on systems bp is around 1%, that gonna dramatically change my outlook on the game. Saying you can farm everything without spending plat, but failing to mention that an average that you'll have to do 100 boss runs to get a new warframe is pretty disingenuous.

If the drop rate is more like 5% and I've just been getting really unlucky that would be fine. But I've read a lot of posts, and no one even begins to try to quantify the drop rates.

And if one more person says " The drop rate is RNG" . . .

Edited by Inez

When trying to grind for an Ash I realized that I simply had the problem of locating a single Control Module, everything else was easily over grinded into oblivion and Rubedo is a simple trip to Gaia on Earth (thank goodness).

Then I had to fight the Hyena. The Hyena is a pain in the &#! each and every time and for my damage rate it required a volt and a meat shield to tank it.

I had to grind this boss for nearly the entire Easter break, five days of it, Four hours of continuous Hyena runs with quick trips to Gaia in between.

It isn't fun to do this GRINDING. It was fun in the closed beta where you knew you'd get the bloody thing you wanted along with a blueprint that made it WORTH grinding for your new warframe because you knew you were always making some form of progress.

There IS NO REASON to keep going when you can go for entire weeks of grinding and never get anything for your damn warframe while your friends are rubbing how they already made a Banshee in your face. You have no real motivation because someone else apparently already did what you did three times with their "luck" and you have no reason to spend money because there's no EFFORT put into BUYING YOUR FRAMES.

I simply have to say, whatever occured to change the drop rate into this terrible mess of pure luck or try again, it just really ruined most of the game for me.

The grind used to be so fun because you could run all the way up a planet to the boss and gain enough of it's mats to at least craft something you were going to make later on anyway. You'd kill the boss get a blueprint and decide, "Hey, I want this one. Wanna grind it some more guys?" And you'd get the parts quick and just need to wait the 3 to 5 days for it to be crafted.

But now it's just retrying the same boss with only the slim motivation of getting something from it that you need when it hasn't the last ten times in three hours, because that's how easy some of these bosses are when you want a new frame.

It's just a mess now.

The first warframe I grinded was Rhino. I got the Chassis and Helmet quick, but for three days I didn't see the systems blueprint drop. Toward the end I got so frustrated that I just started timing myself to see how fast I could kill Jackal and what he dropped. Through 70+ runs I only recorded a few, but this is what I saw:

2:34 - nothing

1:50 - nothing

2:40 - chassis

forgot to time - nothing

2:30 - nothing

2:00 - nothing

2:10 - nothing

1:43 - nothing

2:10 - Orokin Cell

forgot to time - Orokin Cell

1:45 - Orokin Cell

1:53 - nothing

2:06 - Orokin Cell

forgot to time - nothing

2:45 - Orokin Cell

forgot to time - nothing

2:07 - nothing

1:40 - helmet

2:03 - nothing

2:00 - nothing

forgot to time - nothing

2:00 - chassis

I averaged killing him every 2 minutes for an afternoon, and only after many, many, many runs did the systems blueprint drop. I've played a great many games and it's once in a blue moon you come upon drop rates this abusive.

Totally agree with the OP. Think of an MMO like WoW, TOR, etc. and think of how you get the real end game gear. Take raids for example. You absolutely need excellent team work and it actually takes a lot of effort and quite some time to get to the end of the whole area. You know you're going to get something for all that time you just spent fighting bosses you may have killed a few times before. HOWEVER... you knew you'd get something, even if it was another item that dropped for you before. The point is, though, that it actually dropped. I've run Titania for the Ash Systems and maybe 9(being generous) out of around 35-40 runs, I picked up the blueprints for the helmet and chassis, which I had already picked up. That was fine and all... until I started running the mission and the boss started dropping absolutely nothing That's when I started getting really frustrated. Now I feel it's becoming less and less worth my time to grind out just one blueprint. Forget the more rare resources I still need one or two of. I don't care what you say about "Oh, well I found all my blueprints in two hours. It's just luck, man, gotta deal with it" because that makes no sense. One person gets it in an hour or two, another gets it WEEKS later. How does that make sense?

tl;dr - Yep, drop rates are borked.

Actually you can't ven think of it like WoW or TOR. On WoW or TOR you are getting end game gear, here you're not getting end game gear, you're getting something which you could have had since the first mission only that the game doesn't lets you have right out of the bat because it only wants to give you access to certain warframes without paying so early on. In the end that's the whole problem with it and the drops system, you're not getting access to something really awesome or gamebreaking, you're getting access to something you like and the thing that will motivae you to keep playing. Having the drops be random dumb luck is not reasonable when taking into account wht we are getting. If it was end game material, then maybe it would make some sense though probably this was still a pretty bad drop rate. With it being pretty much material that you can have since day 1, it should at least always drop a module and never one that you already have unless you already have the 3 of them at which point repeating is ok.

Again this is not a game where grinding is that good, it get boring all too quickly, for me the fun is doing all mission exploring everything the first time and killing everything and once every mission is acomplished then it's about doing either a few boss runs to get blueprints or do the alerts. But the same time over and over again for a period of indefinite time, that's how the game gets boring and frustrating if you really wanted to have that specific warframe as your main warframe.

Actually you can't ven think of it like WoW or TOR. On WoW or TOR you are getting end game gear, here you're not getting end game gear, you're getting something which you could have had since the first mission only that the game doesn't lets you have right out of the bat because it only wants to give you access to certain warframes without paying so early on. In the end that's the whole problem with it and the drops system, you're not getting access to something really awesome or gamebreaking, you're getting access to something you like and the thing that will motivae you to keep playing. Having the drops be random dumb luck is not reasonable when taking into account wht we are getting. If it was end game material, then maybe it would make some sense though probably this was still a pretty bad drop rate. With it being pretty much material that you can have since day 1, it should at least always drop a module and never one that you already have unless you already have the 3 of them at which point repeating is ok.

Again this is not a game where grinding is that good, it get boring all too quickly, for me the fun is doing all mission exploring everything the first time and killing everything and once every mission is acomplished then it's about doing either a few boss runs to get blueprints or do the alerts. But the same time over and over again for a period of indefinite time, that's how the game gets boring and frustrating if you really wanted to have that specific warframe as your main warframe.

Well yeah this is true, just the closest thing I could think of. However, you could not access some warframes right away. That would be saying I could take a level 1 Excalibur to Titania and solo it for the Ash blueprints... ehhh I don't think that'll work. But yes, totally agree with everything you said. "Dumb" luck is the perfect way to put it bahaha. I'm also one of the players who likes to explore and such, so I'd like to be able to stop grinding this same mission over and over and over and over.

Yeah, I fully explore all maps, except for the grinding down of that boss for the ember armor. I always play with people, usually with just a friend but sometimes with 2 or 3. I ended up getting lucky later this night, it went from some 20 runs with nothing to 4 runs where 4 BPs dropped and I had the set (with a spare helmet to sell).

Now it's jsut getting some more cash and mats along with the time to build it. But again it was a small piece of hell for me, many hours wasted on it but at least I have a little bit of peace of mind now that I feel that I can burn down my enemies into coal. I actually find it funny that the pistols the ember uses on the image is the ones I actually use myself, a pair of furis. Damn, what a DPS! Even funnier when I killed myself on saturn, didn't noticed that boss putting the reflector shield on me, died in 2 seconds to my own DPS (and I'm quite tanky) lol.